Upcoming Mahindra XUV700 SUV spotted undisguised ahead of launch
More images have surfaced on the internet which shows the soon to be launched Mahindra XUV700. The XUV700 will be the new flagship SUV of the Mahindra brand and is a badge-engineered version of the Ssangyong G4 Rexton sold internationally.
The 2018 Mahindra XUV700 was recently spotted undergoing high altitude testing in Leh. This vehicle has been spotted undergoing such testing earlier as well, but Mahindra seems to have completed giving finishing touches to the India-spec SUV, ahead of its launch next month. Mahindra had first showcased the SUV at the 2018 Auto Expo. The XUV700 will go up against the likes of SUVs including the Toyota Fortuner and Ford Endeavour but could be priced comparatively lower.
This all-new Mahindra SUV has not been named yet but the launch is an imminent possibility. In terms of features, the all-new Mahindra SUV will come equipped with HID lights, electric sunroof, dual-zone climate control, ventilated seats, 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system with GPS, 9 airbags and electric parking brake.
The company states that this SUV will come with a 2.2-litre diesel motor that makes 178PS of power and generates 420Nm of torque. This motor is mated to a 7-speed Mercedes-Benz automatic transmission that will send power to all four wheels. A 6-speed manual is available internationally as well but is unlikely to be sold here.
The new Rexton/XUV700 will be a better styled, more mature, and more dynamically competent car as compared to its predecessor and given the Mahindra badging this time around, should garner better sales as well. This will be the next major launch for Mahindra after the XUV500 facelift and the Mahindra Marazzo MPV.
Starts Rs 25.65 Lakhs
Starts Rs 27.27 Lakhs
- News2018 Raid de Himalaya: Arindam Saikia of Team Polaris crowned overall winner
- News2019 Kawasaki Z650 launched in India at Rs 5.29 lakh
- FeaturesFHVI's Royal Classic Car Drive to Mysore
- NewsKymco enters the Indian electric scooter market with 22 Motors
- NewsMahindra TUV300 facelift in the works, launch next year
- NewsTata Harrier SUV pre-bookings open at Rs 30,000 across India
- NewsImage gallery: India-bound 2019 Yamaha YZF-R3
- NewsDucati Multistrada 1260 Enduro breaks cover
- News2019 Kawasaki Z900 launched in India at Rs 7.68 lakh, same price as earlier
- NewsEXCLUSIVE: KTM India set to launch 125 Duke in India next month?