Upcoming Mercedes-AMG A 45S hot hatchback could make 421PS
Mercedes-AMG recently teased the upcoming Mercedes-AMG A 45 hot hatchback in a christmas video. Now, as per a listing on a German insurance website, the A 45's power figures have been listed. The standard A 45 will most likely put out 387PS, already six more than the outgoing A 45. The hardcore S version will bump this up to 421PS.
These cars will be powered by a souped-up version of the 2.0 litre four-cylinder turbocharged motor from the A 35. There will also be that car's AWD system as well as the nine-speed automatic gearbox.
This car is also expected to come with the other improvements that were made to the A35 over the standard A-Class like the new AWD system that can send up to 50% power to each axle. There should be larger brakes, adaptive dampers and brake-based torque-vectoring.
The interiors should be the now regular AMG fair. There will AMG-spec steering wheel. Additional drive modes and an in-built GPS-based lap timer is present. The usual AMG trimmings like sportier seats and interior trim can be expected.
There will also be more aggressive aero on these cars than the A 35, the Panamerica grille inspired by the GT R and a stiffer set up can be expected too.
- NewsDaimler India will launch 50 products in domestic as well as international markets
- NewsSwapping stakes in KTM for a reasonable share in Pierer Industries on cards for Bajaj
- News2019 Hero Xpulse 200 spotted uncamouflaged ahead of its official launch
- FeaturesRacedecade: Celebrating 10 years of racing for VW Motorsport India
- NewsAvan Trend E electric scooter launched in India at Rs 56,900