Upcoming new-gen Hyundai Santro spotted testing in camouflage again
With the launch of the new generation Hyundai Santro only a few months away, Hyundai India is ramping up testing for its most important new car fro the Indian market in some time. This means that more spy images have appeared of the Wagon-R competitor. These images show details already expected but also clearly show the tall-bay profile of the car, which looks like a grown up version of the original Santro.
The new Santro receives the signature cascading front grille, the Fluidic-style headlamps and curvier lines similar to the shape of the first-gen Hyundai i10. The windows appear larger too. The new Hyundai Santro will also receive a substantial upgrade to the interior, featuring climate control, touchscreen infotainment system, and others. The new Santro is expected to be priced in the range of Rs 3-5 lakh, meaning it will also compete with the Renault Kwid, Maruti Suzuki Alto, and the Tata Tiago.
The new Hyundai Santro is expected to make its debut in India towards the end of the year, most likely during the festive season. The new Santro is expected to be based on Hyundai's Fluidic Sculpture 2.0 design language and will be a more premium product than its predecessor. Earlier, in 2015, production of the Hyundai Santro was stopped in India after nearly 16 years. While there is no official confirmation yet, we expect the new Hyundai Santro to be powered by 800cc and 1.0-litre petrol and petrol-CNG engines, pretty much the norm in the segment. Hyundai is expected to offer automatic and AMT versions as well, given the increasing popularity of automatics.
Source: Cars18 and Powerdrift
Starts Rs 3.9 Lakhs
Starts Rs 2.67 Lakhs
Starts Rs 3.35 Lakhs
- NewsINRC 2018: Popular Rally in Kochi to see three-way champonship tussle
- NewsDucati enters pre-owned motorcycle segment in India with Ducati Approved
- FeaturesTata Harrier: Things you will like
- NewsMcLaren commissions six special edition cars to celebrate racing heritage
- FeaturesOverview: Tata Harrier's OMEGA architecture
- NewsBookings open for the 2019 Nissan Kicks SUV
- NewsJawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two video: Exhaust note, top speed, design and features explained
- ReviewJawa Jawa first ride review
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two ridden in India
- News2019 Yamaha Saluto RX 110, Saluto 125 UBS launched in India at Rs 52,000