Upcoming Tata Altroz hatchback spotted ahead of soon expected launch
The Tata Altroz, that was showcased at the 2019 Geneva Motor Show, has been spotted on test one more time on the outskirts of Pune. This hints that the B+ segment hatchback will be launched soon in India. The Altroz rivals the Hyundai Elite i20, Maruti Suzuki Baleno and Volkswagen Polo. The company has also teased the hatchback on the company's official website.
The Altroz is based on Tata's ALFA (Agile Light Flexible Advanced) modular architecture and is expected to spawn other body styles in the years to come. The feature list could include a keyless entry, climate control, touchscreen infotainment system, steering-mounted controls and rear AC vents. The exterior could see projector headlamps - all-LED tail lamps. Also, higher variants could see 16-inch alloy wheels on offer.
The engines on offer could be petrol and diesel, however, we speculate an addition of a plug-in hybrid as well. The engines will come mated to a manual transmission. Also, an optional automatic transmission could be on offer.
Expect the prices to be between Rs 5.5 lakh and 8.5 lakh ex-showroom, pan-India.
Starts Rs 5.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.55 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.7 Lakhs
- FeaturesLego Volkswagen Beetle - the weekend build
- NewsSwiss Army Sprinter is an off-road capable MPV, making use of solar power
- NewsF1 2019: Lewis Hamilton takes record sixth British Grand Prix victory
- News2019 Silk Way Rally: Hero MotoSports Team Rally's Paulo Goncalves finishes second in Stage 9
- News2020 Yamaha YZF-R1M details and specifications revealed, priced at $26,099