Upcoming Tata H5X SUV spotted testing again in new video
A new video has emerged on the internet which shows Tata upcoming flagship SUV, the H5x undergoing testing in an urban environment. The heavily camouflaged car in these video looks to be carrying a design very similar to the concept, the longer rear overhang suggests this particular car might be the more powerful 7-seater version. The production H5X will be based on Jaguar Land Rover's entry-level SUV platform, variations of which support cars like the Land Rover Discovery Sport, Jaguar E-Pace and the Range Rover Evoque. Tata's version, called Omega-Arc (Optimal Modular Efficient Global Advanced Architecture), will involve the use of cheaper materials and components to keep costs down.
The production H5X will be powered by the Multijet II engine from FCA, as seen in the Jeep Compass, in two states of tune - 140PS for the 5-seater version and 170PS for the 7-seater. Both two and four-wheel drive will be available and transmission options will be a 6-speed manual and automatic. The 5-seater will be launched by mid-2019 and should come in the Rs. 9 to 15 lakh price bracket.
The exterior design of the production car will follow Tata's Impact Design 2.0 showcased at the 2018 Auto Expo. So, a slimmer front grille and lights, aggressively contoured side profiles, steeply raked roofline and large wheel sizes can be expected. The interior also will have to be the best ever fitted to a Tata car and build on the progress the firm has been making in this aspect.
The production car, whose launch timelines were recently disclosed, will compete with the likes of the Hyundai Creta and Jeep Compass. Tata had been in a rut until sometime back and is now slowly turning things around with cars like the Tiago, Tigor and Nexon. While these successes have been in the sub-10 lakh end of the market, the new SUV will be the company's first serious contender in the mid-size crossover segment.
Watch the video below
Starts Rs 9.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 15.35 Lakhs
Starts Rs 71.38 Lakhs
Starts Rs 44.68 Lakhs
- NewsNew Land Rover Defender teased, will debut in 2019
- NewsMahindra XUV300 SUV is the official name of S201, to be launched in February 2019
- NewsLive updates: Mahindra S201 sub-four-metre SUV name announcement
- News2019 Honda Civic spotted testing in India ahead of launch
- NewsVolkswagen ID electric hatchback begins testing, to have 550 km range
- NewsThree SUVs that will compete with Jeep Renegade in India
- NewsDucati Dream Tour Rajasthan to be held from February 1 to 5, 2019
- News2018 INRC: Gaurav Gill claims championship title with Popular Rally victory
- News2019 Ford Figo facelift spotted testing undisguised
- NewsUpdated Force Gurkha Xtreme launched at Rs 12.99 lakh