Updated 2017 Force Gurkha launched in India at Rs 8.13 lakh
Force Motors has finally launched the updated Gurkha in India in two trims - Xpedition at Rs 8.13 lakh and Xplorer at Rs 9.13 lakh, ex-Maharashtra. You can buy your Force Gurkha in a 3- or 5-door configuration.
The Xpedition is the tamer of the two and doesnt get 4x4. It is available exclusively in the hard top 5-door configuration and with 7/9 seater option. This 5-door version also is 350mm longer to accommodate the side facing seats at the back. There are certain changes to differentiate the car from its predecessor - the updated headlamps, new graphics, spruced up interior with an airconditioner. While the speedometer and odo are mounted right in the line of vision of the driver, the tachometer is placed in the centre. The seats and upholstery too have been revised.
In contrast, the Xplorer gets 3 - and 5-door options. The latter has a similar spec to the Xpedition including the 190mm ground clearance. However, it has a 4x4 with a differential lock at the front and rear. The 3-door has a 205mm ground clearance, soft top as well as lower turning radius of 5.65m compared to 6.25m in the 5-doors. Force Motors have kept the Gurkha's tyre size similar to the outgoing model at 245 / 70 R16.
Coming to the heart of the matter, Force Motors haven't made any changes to the BS4, 2596cc common rail diesel engine and it continues to make 85PS/230Nm. The more powerful motor from the now discontinued Force One would have made sense here. The Gurkha's engine sends power to the wheels via a 5-speed gearbox. Sadly safety features such as ABS as well as airbags aren't even available as an option.
Starts Rs 9.15 Lakhs
- Review2019 Nissan Kicks first drive review
- News2019 Land Rover Discovery Sport launched in India at Rs 44.68 lakh, more powerful diesel option added
- NewsImage gallery: Koeniggsegg Regera KNC
- NewsHonda X-Blade launched with ABS at Rs 87,776
- NewsThis is the most outrageous Koenigsegg Regera hypercar yet
- News2019 BMW X4 coupe-SUV spotted testing in India, launch early next year
- NewsAutomobili Pininfarina's 1900PS hypercar will be called Battista
- NewsNissan Kicks SUV bookings to open on December 14
- NewsDiscounts of up to Rs 50,000 offered on BMW G 310 R and G 310 GS
- NewsIndian FTR 1200 launched in India at Rs 14.99 lakh, deliveries April 2019 onwards