Updated Ducati Multistrada 950 in works, could be showcased at EICMA 2018
In July this year, Ducati India launched the Multistrada 1260 at Rs 15.99 lakh (ex-showroom), while the Multistrada 1260 S has been priced at Rs 18.06 lakh (ex-showroom). The new Ducati Multistrada 1260 had made its premiere at the Ducati World Premiere, just before EICMA 2017 in Milan, Italy. Further, the Ducati Multistrada 1260 Enduro was revealed with the bigger, more powerful, 1,262cc Testastretta V-twin engine with variable valve timing technology dubbed the Desmodromic Variable Timing or DVT. And now the Italian motorcycle manufacturer is working on an updated version of its entry-level ADV tourer offering, the Multistrada 950. And we believe Ducati will use the EICMA 2018 as a platform to showcase it. scheduled to take place in the first week of November.
As seen from the images, it can be seen that the 2019 Ducati Multistrada 950 will get cosmetic updates over the present offering. The changes that can be seen on the test motorcycle are the updated fairing design that has been tweaked to make it resemble that of the 1260. Further, the knuckle guard and the swingarm too have been given a colour update with an aluminium finish. The Multistrada 950 engine is the 113PS 90° V-twin displacing 937cc, exactly like the one in the Hypermotard down to the gearbox. It gets a slip-assist clutch, does not get Ducati's variable valve timing and is, naturally, fuel-injected, liquid-cooled and has ride-by-wire. It is being said that the 2018 Ducati Multistrada 950 will come equipped with an hydraulic clutch instead of the cable-operated system, similar to what the the company did the new Scramblers.
While there is no official word from Ducati, the engine can be expected to make power and torque along with complying with the Euro5 emission norms when they are brought into practice by January 2020. Further, the features list on the 2019 Ducati Multistrada 950 can include cornering ABS and lean-sensitive traction control. If at all the 2019 Ducati Multistrada 950 is shown at EICMA, it might head to India sometime next year.
Image source: Motorcyclenews
Starts Rs 12,84,000
Starts Rs 15,95,000
- NewsSavita Oil Technologies to supply Tata Motors with original oils
- NewsMahindra Treo electric three-wheeler range with lithium-ion battery pack launched in India at Rs 1.36 lakh
- NewsImage gallery: Jawa and Jawa Forty Two launched in India
- NewsJawa Motorcycles launches the Jawa and Jawa Forty Two at Rs 1.64 lakh and Rs 1.55 lakh
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Motorcycles all-new range launched in India
- NewsNew-gen Maruti Suzuki Ertiga starts arriving at dealerships ahead of launch
- NewsMahindra to launch new Treo electric three-wheeler today
- Review2018 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 road test review
- NewsLive updates: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 India launch
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 launched in India at Rs 2.50 lakh, Continental GT 650 at Rs 2.65 lakh