Updated Mitsubishi L200 pick-up truck unveiled
Mitsubishi is planning to launch 11 new or refreshed models by 2020 which is a part of the company's revamp plan with the new Renault-Nissan alliance. The Japanese automobile manufacturer has now unveiled one of the models and it is the updated Mitsubishi L200 pick-up truck that is sold as the Triton in Thailand. The updated L200 will go on sale in Thailand first followed by its launch in the UK and other 150 countries by the end of 2019.
The front of the 2019 Mitsubishi L200 comes with the new Dynamic Shield front design concept. The high engine hood line and beefier-looking lamps are located higher up for the imposing front end. The pick-up gets newly sculpted body contours with contrasting sharp lines, extended wheel flares and bright accents. The cabin of the Mitsubishi L200 has been revised too with frame surroundings for the switch panel and air outlets. The company mentions that a high quality look is offered by soft pad materials and stitching on the floor console, armrests and parking brake.
Further, the new Mitsubishi L200 4WD models are fitted with an option between Super-Select 4WD, which delivers optimum traction and handling characteristics for any given surface, or Easy-Select 4WD, which simplifies switching between drive modes for different road surfaces. With the addition of new drive modes, both 4WD systems deliver improved off-road performance, claims Mitsubishi.
In terms of safety, the 2019 Mitsubishi L200 comes with Forward Collision Mitigation (FCM), which can detect vehicles and pedestrians ahead. Blind Spot Warning (BSW with LCA), which helps avoid sideswiping another vehicle when changing lanes by detecting vehicles behind or at the rear quarter and alerting the driver with an audible alert and flashing light in their door mirror. Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA) which, in the same way, helps avoid collisions when reversing. Ultrasonic Misacceleration Mitigation System (UMS) which reduces accidents resulting from improper use of the accelerator when moving off or reversing in car parks and other confined spaces.
The 2019 Mitsubishi L200 is scheduled to be rolled out sequentially in the company's markets in ASEAN, Oceania, the Middle East, Europe, Africa and Latin America, eventually going on sale in some 150 countries around the globe. MMC plans to sell some 180,000 units of the new and current models this fiscal year. Mitsubishi L200 is a core global strategic model and is MMC's second biggest seller, following mid-size Outlander SUV in the MMC lineup last fiscal year.
Osamu Masuko, Mitsubishi Motors CEO stated: "The new Mitsubishi L200 is one of our most important global strategic models. Its success will accelerate the momentum of the company's sustainable growth. The new model brings enhancements to the durability, reliability and comfort developed over the 40 years since the introduction of the series. I am fully confident the new Mitsubishi L200 will meet the diverse needs and wishes of our customers around the world."
- NewsSavita Oil Technologies to supply Tata Motors with original oils
- NewsMahindra Treo electric three-wheeler range with lithium-ion battery pack launched in India at Rs 1.36 lakh
- NewsImage gallery: Jawa and Jawa Forty Two launched in India
- NewsJawa Motorcycles launches the Jawa and Jawa Forty Two at Rs 1.64 lakh and Rs 1.55 lakh
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Motorcycles all-new range launched in India
- NewsNew-gen Maruti Suzuki Ertiga starts arriving at dealerships ahead of launch
- NewsMahindra to launch new Treo electric three-wheeler today
- Review2018 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 road test review
- NewsLive updates: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 India launch
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 launched in India at Rs 2.50 lakh, Continental GT 650 at Rs 2.65 lakh