Updated Volkswagen Polo and Vento launched in India
Volkswagen has launched the updated versions of the Polo and Vento in India. The 2016 Polo and Vento will now feature rain-sensing wipers, auto-dimming rearview mirrors and a touchscreen audio head unit with MirrorLink. These updates also filter down to their all-new compact sedan, the Ameo, that has been unveiled a day before the 2016 Auto Expo.
In terms of the engines, there are no mechanical changes that have been made to the 1.2-litre MPI and 1.5-litre TDI motors for the Polo. No changes to the 1.6MPI motor in the Vento either.
The updated Volkswagen Polo will now cost between Rs 5.33 lakh for the base model and Rs 8.9 lakh for the top-end variant. The updated Volkswagen Vento will be priced at Rs 7.85 lakh for the base model and Rs 12.13 lakh for the top-end variant. All prices are ex-Mumbai.
What else can we expect to see from Volkswagen at the 2016 Auto Expo? Well, other than the new Ameo, Volkswagen will also showcase the new Passat, the Tiguan and the Volkswagen Polo GTi.
The Auto Expo 2016 will also see a refreshed Vento. This update brings in more chrome and more importantly LED elements in the headlamp.
To stay at the cutting edge of automotive news in India, follow us on Twitter (@odmag) or on Facebook (facebook.com/odmag). Or download our app from the iOS orAndroid app stores today
Starts Rs 5.54 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.33 Lakhs
Team OD | 17 May 2018
- NewsHarley-Davidson Fat Boy from Terminator 2 film to be auctioned for $ 200,000
- NewsImage Gallery: New Volvo XC40 SUV India debut
- NewsImage gallery: Pagani Huayra BC 'Macchina Volante' spotted in Geneva
- FeaturesPreview: 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga
- NewsJaguar J-Pace flagship SUV to make global debut by 2021
- NewsYamaha Niken launched in UK at GBP 13,499
- NewsRemembering the 'Kentucky Kid' Nicky Hayden a year later
- NewsRenault to focus on few core models to build its India business
- NewsFuel prices in India at record high, petrol reaches Rs 84.70 per litre while diesel priced at Rs 72.48 per litre
- NewsHyundai India to hike prices of its cars by 2 per cent from June 2018