Updated Volkswagen Vento to be launched in India on June 23, 2015
Volkswagen will be launching the 2015 Vento in India on June 23, 2015. The new Vento gets minor cosmetic changes inside as well as outside.
There are new front and rear bumpers. The grille is new too but looks similar to the previous-gen Passat. Volkswagen hasn't added projectors to the headlamp assembly though. There is a lot of chrome detailing in the car, the ORVMs now have turn indicators and the alloy wheels get a fresher design. Inside, the upholstery has been tweaked a little and a cooled glovebox has been added.
Volkswagen has retained the lovely new 1.5-litre TDi motor that makes 105PS and 250Nm. It comes mated to a 7-speed DSG as well as a 5-speed manual. The 1.6-litre petrol as well as 1.2-litre TSI motors will continue to be available with the car. Expect a marginal increase in price.
More from OVERDRIVE on the new Volkswagen Vento:
Starts Rs 8.78 Lakhs
- NewsUpcoming W223 Mercedes-Benz S-Class teased ahead of debut in H2 2020
- NewsHandbuilt Rolls-Royce Cullinan 1:8 scale model shown
- NewsCoronavirus impact: Toyota will resume production from May 26
- NewsSuzuki has launched the 2020 GSX-R125 in Japan
- NewsVolkswagen T-Roc Black Edition launched internationally
- CONTEST: Finding Solace | Better Photography Weekly Challenge
- Winners of the Macros at Home Contest
- A ‘Bird’ was Used to Make Children Sit Still!