Updated Volkswagen Vento to be launched in India on June 23, 2015
Volkswagen will be launching the 2015 Vento in India on June 23, 2015. The new Vento gets minor cosmetic changes inside as well as outside.
There are new front and rear bumpers. The grille is new too but looks similar to the previous-gen Passat. Volkswagen hasn't added projectors to the headlamp assembly though. There is a lot of chrome detailing in the car, the ORVMs now have turn indicators and the alloy wheels get a fresher design. Inside, the upholstery has been tweaked a little and a cooled glovebox has been added.
Volkswagen has retained the lovely new 1.5-litre TDi motor that makes 105PS and 250Nm. It comes mated to a 7-speed DSG as well as a 5-speed manual. The 1.6-litre petrol as well as 1.2-litre TSI motors will continue to be available with the car. Expect a marginal increase in price.
More from OVERDRIVE on the new Volkswagen Vento:
Starts Rs 8.78 Lakhs
- NewsToyota halts production at Bidadi plant till July 22, 2020, adheres to Karnataka Govt. guidelines
- NewsMahindra Mojo BS6 launch by end of July, will rival Bajaj Dominar 250, Suzuki Gixxer 250 and Jawa 42
- News2020 Honda City: Variants and prices explained
- News2020 Honda City launched in India, prices start from Rs 10.90 lakh
- Review2020 MG Hector Plus road test review
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block