US Suzuki GSX-S1000 recall does not affect India
Suzuki has just recalled nearly 600 units of the GSX-S1000 and GSX-S1000F in the United States. The recall comes after Suzuki found out that there is a possibility of leakage in the front brake piston cylinder. Suzuki has said that the defect arose because of a surface treatment that the supplier had done to the caliper to change its colour. Due to inadequate sealing of the part, some of the liquid used for the treatment seems to have seeped into the caliper and caused damage to seal of the piston cylinder. Suzuki is replacing the brake caliper on the affected bikes free of cost at their service centres in the US.
We have spoken to a representative at Suzuki India and they have assured us that the motorcycles that are being recalled are not from the batches that have been imported/sold in India. So if you're one of the owners of the bike, then there is nothing to worry.
- NewsINRC 2018: Popular Rally in Kochi to see three-way champonship tussle
- NewsDucati enters pre-owned motorcycle segment in India with Ducati Approved
- FeaturesTata Harrier: Things you will like
- NewsMcLaren commissions six special edition cars to celebrate racing heritage
- FeaturesOverview: Tata Harrier's OMEGA architecture
- NewsBookings open for the 2019 Nissan Kicks SUV
- NewsJawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two video: Exhaust note, top speed, design and features explained
- ReviewJawa Jawa first ride review
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two ridden in India
- News2019 Yamaha Saluto RX 110, Saluto 125 UBS launched in India at Rs 52,000