USA's first Bugatti Chiron delivered at 2017 Concours d'Elegance
The Monterey Car Week is host to the automotive world's many best, rarest and first happenings. This weekend, at the prestigious Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance, Bugatti delivered its very first Chiron in the US. This very car boasts a humongous price tag of $2.998 million (Rs 19.22 crore).
This Bugatti Chiron wears a yellow and Nocturne black paint scheme. The yellow adorns the whole front and the doors, and extends to the signature C-shaped trim on each side and the wheels, while the rest of the car is black. The same colours also seep into the cabin, with yellow leather being intricately used in inserts and highlights for the seats, the doors and the complete dashboard. Everything else is draped in black leather.
The Chiron derives all of its majestic force from a one of its kind 8.0-litre, quad-turbo, 16-cylinder W-configuration engine which puts out a whopping 1,500PS and colossal 1,600Nm of torque. The power is sent to all four wheels via a 7-speed dual clutch automatic transmission. The Chiron reaches 100kmph in around 2.4 seconds. The top speed, electronically limited of course, is 420kmph. With the limiter removed, the Chiron is claimed to be able to hit 463kmph.
Bugatti, as of now, has limited the production of the Chiron to 500 units, more than half of which have been sold. However, we expect more Chiron variants to follow with various suffixes, as had been the case with its predecessor, the Veyron.
Team OD | 12 Feb 2018
- NewsMaharashtra government announces tax exemption for electric vehicles
- News2018 Toyota Yaris Cross hatchback details revealed
- NewsPorsche to invest $ 7.4 billion by 2022 towards electric vehicles
- NewsImage gallery: TVS Apache RTR 200 Fi Ethanol
- NewsImage gallery: Mahindra Thar Wanderlust SUV at the 2018 Auto Expo
- NewsImage gallery: Honda Sports EV concept at the Auto Expo 2018
- NewsImage gallery: Tata Tigor and Tiago JTP showcased at 2018 Auto Expo
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: 2018 Maruti Suzuki Swift image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Yamaha YZF-R15 v3
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Yamaha YZF-R6