USA's first Bugatti Chiron delivered at 2017 Concours d'Elegance
The Monterey Car Week is host to the automotive world's many best, rarest and first happenings. This weekend, at the prestigious Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance, Bugatti delivered its very first Chiron in the US. This very car boasts a humongous price tag of $2.998 million (Rs 19.22 crore).
This Bugatti Chiron wears a yellow and Nocturne black paint scheme. The yellow adorns the whole front and the doors, and extends to the signature C-shaped trim on each side and the wheels, while the rest of the car is black. The same colours also seep into the cabin, with yellow leather being intricately used in inserts and highlights for the seats, the doors and the complete dashboard. Everything else is draped in black leather.
The Chiron derives all of its majestic force from a one of its kind 8.0-litre, quad-turbo, 16-cylinder W-configuration engine which puts out a whopping 1,500PS and colossal 1,600Nm of torque. The power is sent to all four wheels via a 7-speed dual clutch automatic transmission. The Chiron reaches 100kmph in around 2.4 seconds. The top speed, electronically limited of course, is 420kmph. With the limiter removed, the Chiron is claimed to be able to hit 463kmph.
Bugatti, as of now, has limited the production of the Chiron to 500 units, more than half of which have been sold. However, we expect more Chiron variants to follow with various suffixes, as had been the case with its predecessor, the Veyron.
- NewsSkoda appoints Pavel Richter as production technical director of its India 2.0 project
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 riding gear and apparel
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 and Interceptor 650 accessories
- OpinionOn OVERDRIVE turning twenty...
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show
- News2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched in India at Rs 40 lakh
- NewsNew-gen Honda CR-V to be launched in India on October 9