USA's first Bugatti Chiron delivered at 2017 Concours d'Elegance
The Monterey Car Week is host to the automotive world's many best, rarest and first happenings. This weekend, at the prestigious Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance, Bugatti delivered its very first Chiron in the US. This very car boasts a humongous price tag of $2.998 million (Rs 19.22 crore).
This Bugatti Chiron wears a yellow and Nocturne black paint scheme. The yellow adorns the whole front and the doors, and extends to the signature C-shaped trim on each side and the wheels, while the rest of the car is black. The same colours also seep into the cabin, with yellow leather being intricately used in inserts and highlights for the seats, the doors and the complete dashboard. Everything else is draped in black leather.
The Chiron derives all of its majestic force from a one of its kind 8.0-litre, quad-turbo, 16-cylinder W-configuration engine which puts out a whopping 1,500PS and colossal 1,600Nm of torque. The power is sent to all four wheels via a 7-speed dual clutch automatic transmission. The Chiron reaches 100kmph in around 2.4 seconds. The top speed, electronically limited of course, is 420kmph. With the limiter removed, the Chiron is claimed to be able to hit 463kmph.
Bugatti, as of now, has limited the production of the Chiron to 500 units, more than half of which have been sold. However, we expect more Chiron variants to follow with various suffixes, as had been the case with its predecessor, the Veyron.
- News2018 MotoGP season comes to a dramatic end, Dovizioso wins 'two-part' rain soaked race
- News2018 JK NRC: Karthik Tharani wins 2018 Euro JK 18 championship
- NewsMarc Marquez dominates Sunday morning warm-up at Valencia for 2018 MotoGP season finale
- NewsVinales secures pole position for 2018 MotoGP season finale in Valencia, Marquez qualifies fifth despite crash
- News2018 JK NRC: Nayan Chatterjee and Karthik Tharani take Euro JK 18 championship down to the wire
- Review2018 TVS Radeon road test review
- News2018 Mahindra Alturas G4: Preliminary image gallery
- NewsVinod Dasari resigns as MD and CEO of Ashok Leyland
- Review2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400 road test review
- NewsSpec comparo: Jawa vs Royal Enfield Classic 350