Vehicle owners to get RCs directly at their doorsteps: Delhi government
Delhites, you've got a good news. From now on, you don't need to do the rounds of the licensing office or dealership to get your new vehicle registered. You can just relax at your home, watching your favourite series on Netflix, and the registration certificate (RC) for your vehicle will be delivered at your doorstep.
Under the initiative, the Delhi Transport Department will streamline the vehicle documentation process where the dealers or buyers just need to deposit documents with the Motor Licensing Officer (MLO), and then the RCs will be directly sent via speed post to the owners.
The transport department planned to launch the software soon, but it may get delayed due to the upcoming Bawana bypolls.
"Annually around 10 lakh RCs are issued. Majority of them for new vehicles. Sending it directly to the vehicle owners will not only be a great relief to them but also it will cut down corruption," said the official.
The vehicle owners will also get SMS alerts about the status of their RCs. Currently, only the driving licences are sent at the owners' doorsteps by the transport department.
- NewsBenelli Imperiale 400 BSVI launched in India at Rs 1.99 lakh
- NewsHonda launches BSVI-compliant diesel Civic at Rs 20.74 lakh
- NewsLamborghini Sian's supercapacitor tech to be developed for future electrified models
- News2020 Toyota Corolla Cross SUV launched in Thailand
- NewsFilm Star Vanity Vans Useful For Mumbai Police
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block