Vehicle owners to get RCs directly at their doorsteps: Delhi government
Delhites, you've got a good news. From now on, you don't need to do the rounds of the licensing office or dealership to get your new vehicle registered. You can just relax at your home, watching your favourite series on Netflix, and the registration certificate (RC) for your vehicle will be delivered at your doorstep.
Under the initiative, the Delhi Transport Department will streamline the vehicle documentation process where the dealers or buyers just need to deposit documents with the Motor Licensing Officer (MLO), and then the RCs will be directly sent via speed post to the owners.
The transport department planned to launch the software soon, but it may get delayed due to the upcoming Bawana bypolls.
"Annually around 10 lakh RCs are issued. Majority of them for new vehicles. Sending it directly to the vehicle owners will not only be a great relief to them but also it will cut down corruption," said the official.
The vehicle owners will also get SMS alerts about the status of their RCs. Currently, only the driving licences are sent at the owners' doorsteps by the transport department.
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Jeet Jhabakh and Dhruv Mohite end Round 2 on a high note
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Saurav Bandyopadhyay wins opening race of Round 2 at MMRT
- NewsSpec comparison: BMW G 310 GS vs Royal Enfield Himalayan FI vs Kawasaki Versys-X 300
- News2019 Kawasaki Ninja 300 ABS launched in India at Rs 2.98 lakh
- NewsBMW G 310 R: Three things you'll like and two you won't
- NewsBMW G 310 GS: Three things you'll like and two you won't
- ReviewBMW G 310 GS first ride review
- ReviewBMW G 310 R first ride review
- NewsBMW G 310 R and G 310 GS official accessories from BMW Motorrad India
- News2018 Honda Navi gets two new colours, priced at Rs. 44,775