Vehicle owners to get RCs directly at their doorsteps: Delhi government
Delhites, you've got a good news. From now on, you don't need to do the rounds of the licensing office or dealership to get your new vehicle registered. You can just relax at your home, watching your favourite series on Netflix, and the registration certificate (RC) for your vehicle will be delivered at your doorstep.
Under the initiative, the Delhi Transport Department will streamline the vehicle documentation process where the dealers or buyers just need to deposit documents with the Motor Licensing Officer (MLO), and then the RCs will be directly sent via speed post to the owners.
The transport department planned to launch the software soon, but it may get delayed due to the upcoming Bawana bypolls.
"Annually around 10 lakh RCs are issued. Majority of them for new vehicles. Sending it directly to the vehicle owners will not only be a great relief to them but also it will cut down corruption," said the official.
The vehicle owners will also get SMS alerts about the status of their RCs. Currently, only the driving licences are sent at the owners' doorsteps by the transport department.
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
- Features2016 Yamaha YZF-R3 long term review: After 12,572km and two years
- NewsPorsche discontinues diesel, to focus on EVs and hybrids
- News721PS/770Nm Ferrari 488 Pista comes with the most powerful V8 built by the company
- NewsTriumph Bonneville Speedmaster to launch in India on February 27, 2018
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Mahindra KUV100 Adventure Edition image gallery
- NewsGeneva Motor Show: Tata 45X based sedan teased
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Hyundai Elite i20 facelift image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha Motoroid concept
- NewsImage gallery: Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade
- NewsWRC 2018: Hyundai's Thierry Neuville victorious at Rally Sweden