Vento-based sub-four metre sedan to benefit from locally assembled 1.5 TDI
Volkswagen might be late in joining the compact sedan bandwagon, but it'll make sure that it does everything right when it's ready with its own take on the segment currently ruled by the Maruti Suzuki Swift Dzire. Based on the new Polo and Vento, the upcoming compact sedan will be a sub-four metre offering, which makes it eligible for the consequent tax benefits.
Volkswagen shown for representation purpose only
It will also use engine options like the 1.2-litre petrol and the new 1.5-litre diesel from the current Polo and Vento range which again bring in savings on taxes. The 1.5 TDI is now being assembled locally at the new VW engine plant in Chakan, near Pune. The local assembly will allow VW to further reduce production costs for its upcoming sedan and push it closer to achieving a competitive price tag. Expect the price range to lie in the Rs 5.5 to 10 lakh bracket, where it will take on the Dzire and the upcoming Figo sedan.
Starts Rs 5.73 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.22 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.78 Lakhs
- NewsImage gallery: 2020 BMW X5 M Competition
- NewsBSVI Honda Unicorn launched priced at Rs 93,593
- NewsMercedez-Benz EQA teased before 2020 Geneva Motor Show
- News2020 Skoda Octavia RS 245 priced at Rs 36 lakh, bookings commence from March 1
- News2020 Hyundai i20 interiors revealed prior to the Geneva Motor Show
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055