Vespa S to cost Rs 82,868 on-road, official launch on March 5
Vespa showcased the retro Vespa S at the Auto Expo 2014, and we had told you that the company will launch the scooter in India soon. The company has now confirmed March 5 as its launch date in India.
The Vespa S scooters have started arriving at dealerships and bookings are already on. A dealer we spoke to confirmed the development and said that the on-road price of the new Vespa S is Rs 82,868 in Pune. Deliveries will start immediately. The Vespa VX, on the other hand, costs approximately Rs 4,000 less (Rs 78,390).
2013 Vespa S
Powering the Vespa S is the same motor from the Vespa and Vespa VX. The 125cc 3-valve engine makes 10.06PS of power and 10.6Nm of torque. The monocoque steel body is also shared with the other Vespas in India. The Vespa S runs on the same suspension and uses a disc brake up front. The company claims that they have made the seat more comfortable and there is a cubby hole added to the front apron.
The alloy wheels and some other cycle bits are painted in black. The headlamp and the rear view mirrors of the scooter are rectangular as opposed to the rounds ones that we are used to from the Vespas in the country.
After the Vespa S, the company will launch the 946, which will also become India's first CBU scooter.
- FeaturesInterview: Economics behind X1 Racing with co-founder Abhinandan Balasubramanian
- NewsNext Generation Skoda Rapid design sketches unveiled - India launch expected in 2021
- News2019 Hyundai Venue SUV gets over 75,000 bookings in five months
- News2019 Tokyo Motor Show: Toyota Mirai FCEV concept unveiled
- NewsKawasaki ZH2 supercharged spotted ahead of its October 23 global debut