Video: All-new BMW X5 teased during testing
BMW has released a teaser video of the all-new X5, giving customers a sneak peek into the development phase of its upcoming SUV. Wrapped in camouflage, the new BMW X5 is seen undergoing real-world tests in varied weather conditions and terrain. From snow covered tracks to deserts, to jungle trails, the new X5 appears to be battling it all. The new X5 is being tested in Sweden, South Africa, USA and the Nurburgring.
The first thing that you notice is the wide kidney grille and bigger proportions. Codenamed the G05, the new X5 sits on BMW's CLAR platform that also underpins the new 5-series and 7-series sedans. The styling is inspired by the new X4 but at the same time, it will have a unique identity of its own.
BMW says that the new X5 gets an entirely new, adaptive suspension technology. In addition, the new X5 will also come with rear-wheel steering.
A spy shot of the interior reveals a fully-digital instrument cluster, similar to what you see in the new 5-series. The floating, touchscreen infotainment system is much larger than what you get in the current car. Expect the standard X5 to get traditional, dual-tone, beige and black interior while the X5M is expected to get carbon fibre inlays and sports seats.
Image source: Motor1
The new X5 will be powered by a wide range of petrol and diesel motors including hybrid drivetrains. In India, expect BMW to offer the same set of engines that power the 5-series sedan, albeit in a different state of tune. The engines will be paired to an eight-speed automatic.
Watch the video here:
Starts Rs 76.9 Lakhs
Starts Rs 70.12 Lakhs
Starts Rs 64.06 Lakhs
Starts Rs 71.97 Lakhs
- NewsMumbai rains: Here are the areas you should be careful driving through
- FeaturesJeep Compass longterm review: Introduction
- NewsSpotted: Ducati Panigale V4 with carbon fibre body
- NewsAuto component maker Varroc Group keen on global acquisitions
- NewsVolkswagen I.D. R all-electric racecar breaks Pikes Peak Hill Climb record
- NewsVW Ameo Cup 2018: Incident-packed race sees Dhruv Mohite continue good run
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Dhruv Mohite wins Race 1 at season-opener at Kari Motor Speedway
- NewsIndian National Racing Championship 2018: Round 2 free practice sees Arjun Balu make a successful return
- NewsVideo worth watching: Climb Dance - Ari Vatanen's 1988 record run at Pikes Peak
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Racing action begins at Kari Motor Speedway this weekend