Video: All-new BMW X5 teased during testing
BMW has released a teaser video of the all-new X5, giving customers a sneak peek into the development phase of its upcoming SUV. Wrapped in camouflage, the new BMW X5 is seen undergoing real-world tests in varied weather conditions and terrain. From snow covered tracks to deserts, to jungle trails, the new X5 appears to be battling it all. The new X5 is being tested in Sweden, South Africa, USA and the Nurburgring.
The first thing that you notice is the wide kidney grille and bigger proportions. Codenamed the G05, the new X5 sits on BMW's CLAR platform that also underpins the new 5-series and 7-series sedans. The styling is inspired by the new X4 but at the same time, it will have a unique identity of its own.
BMW says that the new X5 gets an entirely new, adaptive suspension technology. In addition, the new X5 will also come with rear-wheel steering.
A spy shot of the interior reveals a fully-digital instrument cluster, similar to what you see in the new 5-series. The floating, touchscreen infotainment system is much larger than what you get in the current car. Expect the standard X5 to get traditional, dual-tone, beige and black interior while the X5M is expected to get carbon fibre inlays and sports seats.
Image source: Motor1
The new X5 will be powered by a wide range of petrol and diesel motors including hybrid drivetrains. In India, expect BMW to offer the same set of engines that power the 5-series sedan, albeit in a different state of tune. The engines will be paired to an eight-speed automatic.
Watch the video here:
Starts Rs 76.9 Lakhs
Starts Rs 70.12 Lakhs
Starts Rs 64.06 Lakhs
Starts Rs 77.41 Lakhs
Team OD | 17 Nov 2018
- Review2019 Mercedes-Benz GLE first drive review
- NewsProduction version of the Kia SP Concept spotted testing in new spy video
- NewsBajaj Pulsar Classic launched in India with two new colour options, priced at Rs 64,998
- News2019 TVS Apache RTR 180 launched in India at Rs 84,578
- NewsVolkswagen Group establishes a new management structure to implement India 2.0
- NewsLamborghini Urus to have its own SUV racing series!
- NewsMercedes-AMG G 63 SUV sold out in India for this year
- NewsHonda becomes only manufacturer to sell 25 million scooters in India
- NewsHyundai Grand i10 and Xcent get more equipment on higher trims
- NewsAston Martin's spy photos show the DBX in near-production guise