Video: Automobile sales figures in India for October 2015
The October 2015 sales figures for automobile manufacturers have come in, buoyed by the festive demand. In the two-wheeler space, it's Royal Enfield that's been the biggest gainer growing by a whopping 71 per cent. The Indian motorcycle maker has sold 44,522 units in this period this year as compared to 26,039 units from the same time last year. Volume seller TVS has made a significant 13 per cent jump this year, from just over 2 lakh units last year to around 2.64 lakhs in 2015.
Mahindra Two-Wheeler has been able to carve a niche for itself in the jampacked two-wheeler segment too, riding on the success of the Gusto scooter and the Centuro motorcycle. The recently launched and much-anticipated Mahindra Mojo too looks like a promising addition but we'll have to wait until next month to find out. Bajaj Auto, although, hasn't been able to replicate the success of the new Pulsars and Discovers in the 150cc segment and has lost its share of the market, slipping down by 7 per cent. Honda Motorcycles and Scooters India continues to top the sales chart at 4.49 lakh units.
In the four-wheeler space, Maruti Suzuki India continues to soar. The company has registered a 25 per cent growth, thanks to the popularity of the Alto, the Swift Dzire and the new Ciaz. Mahindra's hold on the market continues to grow stronger with the recent launch of the TUV300.The biggest gainer in the passenger vehicle segment though is Renault India, having increased its sales from 3,750 units last year to 7,200 in 2015 - that's a 92 per cent leap. Looks like the Renault Kwid has been the much needed shot in the arm for the French manufacturer in India. Bert breaks it down for you in the video below. Take a look.
Starts Rs 2.62 Lakhs
Starts Rs 1,72,020
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
- NewsF2 2018: Arjun Maini signs with Trident for FIA Formula 2 Championship
- Review2018 TVS Apache RR 310 road test review
- Features2016 Yamaha YZF-R3 long term review: After 12,572km and two years
- NewsPorsche discontinues diesel, to focus on EVs and hybrids
- News721PS/770Nm Ferrari 488 Pista comes with the most powerful V8 built by the company
- NewsTriumph Bonneville Speedmaster to launch in India on February 27, 2018
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Mahindra KUV100 Adventure Edition image gallery
- NewsGeneva Motor Show: Tata 45X based sedan teased
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Hyundai Elite i20 facelift image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha Motoroid concept