Video: Bajaj V15 quick walkaround
Bajaj has taken the wraps off its newest motorcycle, the V15. The bike is set to be priced between Rs 60,000 and Rs 65,000 when it goes on sale in early March 2016. The motorcycle is positioned between the traditional 125cc commuter and the class of 150cc commuters. The motorcycle did create a buzz before the unveil when Bajaj announced that it had acquired metal from India's aircraft carrier the INS Vikrant which had been scrapped. This metal has been refined and is now part of the metal that makes up the V15's tank. The Vikrant association is going to be lifelong for the V15, says Bajaj - they have enough metal - and it isn't a limited edition.
The motorcycle uses a double cradle frame, 33mm front forks and pre-load adjustable rear twin shocks for the chassis. The rear wheel is a 16-incher which wears 150-section tyres, the front is an 18-inch rim wearing a 130-section tyre. The bikes at the launch wore Eurogrip tyres but Bajaj officials said there are two suppliers - the other one is MRF.
The V15 uses a completely new 149.5cc engine, Bajaj's first undersquare (bore is less than stroke) engine in ages. The engine is tuned for low-down torque and peak power is 12PS at 7,500rpm. Bajaj says peak torque is 13Nm at 5,500rpm and as much as 12Nm is available at 3,000rpm.
According to Bajaj, the form of the motorcycle - the design - determined many aspects of the motorcycle, including the 16-inch rear tyre. The motorcycle is positioned to be a strong-looking, long commute friendly motorcycle that offers great usability as well as pride of ownership. In the feature set is a rear seat cowl which is removable via an Allen key that's part of the motorcycle's ignition key. Two colours will be available, black and white.
Starts Rs 66,675
Starts Rs 56,147
- NewsF1: 2018 will be Fernando Alonso's last season in Formula 1
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: TVS Racing announces six-rider line-up
- News2018 Msports X30 Karting Championship: Shahan Ali Mohsin overcomes early upsets to win in Junior category
- NewsBMW M2 Competition set to debut in India soon
- News2019 Honda HR-V crossover facelift unveiled, to be powered by 1.5-litre i-VTEC
- NewsLiberty Walk transforms the Suzuki Jimmy into a mini G-Class
- NewsBMW X7 flagship SUV shows its off roading capabilty in new teaser
- News2019 Kawasaki Ninja H2 gets more power, Brembo Stylema calipers and a self healing paint
- NewsBajaj Pulsar NS160 with rear disc brakes spotted at dealership
- NewsToyota Rush SUV to launch in Pakistan soon, India launch next?