Video worth watching: 2016 Hennessey Camaro SS doing 325kmph (202mph)
The 2016 Chevrolet Camaro was unveiled at the last year's Detroit Motor Show. Chevrolet India also showcased the Camaro at the 2016 Auto Expo. The latest iteration is powered by a V8 motor that puts out 455PS of power. However, Texas-based Hennessey Performance has worked on this engine to make it deliver 751PS/872Nm and reach a max speed of 325kmph. It has a claimed 0 to 100kmph timing of 3.2s.
Hennessey Performance (HPE) claims to have reached the mammoth figure of 751PS on the stock engine by increasing the airflow in the engine. The heavily modified Camaro SS sports Hennessey's HPE500 naturally-aspirated engine upgrade along with CNC machined cylinder heads, camshaft and valvetrain upgrades.
Additionally, the Kooks 1 7/8 inch long-tube stainless steel headers with high-flow catalytic converters, high-flow intake manifold, engine management recalibration and chassis dyno tuning helped in making the motor deliver 605PS of power at 6,500 rpm. The extra boost in the power by146PS was given by a nitrous-oxide kit from Nitrous Outlet.The tuned Camaro from Hennessey was also equipped with a lowered suspension system from Chevrolet Performance Parts and 20-inch Hennessey H10 wheels with Continental ContiSportContact 5P tires
We are an equal opportunity performance business", said president and company founder, John Hennessey. He further added, Last year we built and tested one of our specially-prepared Ford Mustangs to over 200 mph. So it just seemed natural to take the latest Gen 6 Camaro SS and try to push the boundaries of performance. In this case, we felt like breaking 200mph would be a great way to validate our 2016 Camaro SS performance upgrade program."
Hennessey Performance also now offers their HPE750 Supercharged engine upgrade which delivers the same power level without needing to re-fill nitrous bottles. Both packages are currently available from HPE and production is limited to just 100 units of each for the 2016 model year", said the tuner company in an official release.
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Marc Marquez wins the World Championship
- ReviewSuzuki V-Strom 650 XT ABS first ride review
- NewsMG Motor India's first launch: Everything we know
- NewsVolkswagen Passat with Connect app launched at Rs 25.99 lakh
- News2019 Hyundai Santro spotted in top-spec Asta trim
- NewsHero Destini 125cc scooter to launch on October 22
- NewsChinese carmaker Great Wall Motors to enter India by 2021-22
- NewsImage gallery: New BMW X7 SUV
- NewsSkoda Kodiaq GT coupe-SUV unveiled for China
- News2019 BMW X7 SUV unveiled internationally