Video worth watching: 50 years of Mercedes-AMG - CLK GTR
Mercedes-AMG is celebrating 50 years of bringing performance to Mercedes-Benz cars. Among this performance and racing arm's most known creations are the Mercedes-Benz CLK GTR and CLK LM. This video offers a quick glimpse into the development and achievements of the CLK GTR.
The CLK GTR was designed by Mercedes-AMG with the aim of competing with Porsche and Ferrari in the 1997 and 1998 FIA GT Championship. Its design was based on the Mercedes-Benz CLK, and had enough elements of a road car to be able to be homologated.
While a small number of these cars were built for the road, they were considered a road-going racecar and featured the same mid-mounted M120 V12 engine as their race counterparts. This video is a look at the development, design, and performance and absolute dominance that the Mercedes-Benz CLK GTR enjoyed during a short span.
- NewsForce Gurkha Xtreme brochure leaked, technical specifications revealed
- NewsMumbai rains: Here are the areas you should be careful driving through
- FeaturesJeep Compass longterm review: Introduction
- NewsSpotted: Ducati Panigale V4 with carbon fibre body
- NewsAuto component maker Varroc Group keen on global acquisitions
- NewsVolkswagen I.D. R all-electric racecar breaks Pikes Peak Hill Climb record
- NewsVW Ameo Cup 2018: Incident-packed race sees Dhruv Mohite continue good run
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Dhruv Mohite wins Race 1 at season-opener at Kari Motor Speedway
- NewsIndian National Racing Championship 2018: Round 2 free practice sees Arjun Balu make a successful return
- NewsVideo worth watching: Climb Dance - Ari Vatanen's 1988 record run at Pikes Peak