Video worth watching: 50 years of Mercedes-AMG - CLK GTR
Mercedes-AMG is celebrating 50 years of bringing performance to Mercedes-Benz cars. Among this performance and racing arm's most known creations are the Mercedes-Benz CLK GTR and CLK LM. This video offers a quick glimpse into the development and achievements of the CLK GTR.
The CLK GTR was designed by Mercedes-AMG with the aim of competing with Porsche and Ferrari in the 1997 and 1998 FIA GT Championship. Its design was based on the Mercedes-Benz CLK, and had enough elements of a road car to be able to be homologated.
While a small number of these cars were built for the road, they were considered a road-going racecar and featured the same mid-mounted M120 V12 engine as their race counterparts. This video is a look at the development, design, and performance and absolute dominance that the Mercedes-Benz CLK GTR enjoyed during a short span.
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Hyundai Santro India launch
- NewsRoyal Enfield Continental GT 650 and Interceptor 650 bookings open in India
- NewsUpcoming Tata Harrier SUV undergoes handling tests in new video
- News2019 Yamaha FZ FI spotted testing in India
- NewsLimited-run Mini Cooper S Oxford Edition launched in India at Rs 44.90 lakh
- Review2018 Jaguar F-Type P300 R-Dynamic road test review
- NewsFCA launches Jeep Connect outlets in India.
- NewsNASCAR Whelen Euro Series 2018: Advait Deodhar wins the Elite Club championship
- NewsNew-gen Honda Amaze crosses 50,000 sales mark in five months in India
- NewsF1 2018: Kimi Raikkonen takes victory at US GP