Video worth watching: Acura ARX-05 prototype racecar teaser
Honda's luxury automobile marque Acura released a teaser trailer to showcase its ARX-05 prototype racecar which will compete in the upcoming season of the Daytona Prototype International (DPi) races. The racecar will be officially unveiled next week in Montreal, Canada.
The abbreviation in the name of the car stands for Acura Racing eXperimental, while the 05 denotes this is the fifth generation of the performance vehicle. Acura can trace its racing arm's successful run in endurance prototype racing to as far back as 1991.
Acura will unveil the new ARX-05 during the Monterey Automotive Week, beginning at The Quail, A Motorsports Gathering on August 18, followed by an appearance at the Rolex Monterey Motorsports Reunion on August 19 and on the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance concept lawn subsequently.
The ARX-05 will come with a production-based Acura AR35TT twin-turbo 3.5-litre V6, which is based on the engine that's found in the Acura RDX, MDX, TLX and RLX road cars, sold in the American market.
Long-time Honda racing partner Team Penske will campaign two ARX-05 prototypes this season in the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship. The ARX-05 will make its competition debut at the Rolex 24 at Daytona next January where it will face the ultimate test.
- NewsWorld Ducati Week: Bayliss, Lorenzo, Dovizioso to battle it out in Race of Champions
- News2018 BMW 6 Series GT diesel launched in India at Rs 66.50 lakh
- News2018 Mahindra TUV300 Plus variants explained
- Features2018 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V longterm review: Introduction
- News2019 Hyundai Elantra facelift spotted testing again in South Korea
- ReviewMercedes-AMG C 43 4Matic Cabriolet first drive review
- ReviewMercedes-Benz 2018 C 200 first drive review
- NewsVolvo S60 sedan unveiled internationally, to rival Mercedes C-Class
- NewsGaurav Gill's 2017 Team MRF Skoda Fabia R5 immortalized in scale model form
- NewsKTM RC200 now available with a black colour option