Video worth watching: Acura ARX-05 prototype racecar teaser
Honda's luxury automobile marque Acura released a teaser trailer to showcase its ARX-05 prototype racecar which will compete in the upcoming season of the Daytona Prototype International (DPi) races. The racecar will be officially unveiled next week in Montreal, Canada.
The abbreviation in the name of the car stands for Acura Racing eXperimental, while the 05 denotes this is the fifth generation of the performance vehicle. Acura can trace its racing arm's successful run in endurance prototype racing to as far back as 1991.
Acura will unveil the new ARX-05 during the Monterey Automotive Week, beginning at The Quail, A Motorsports Gathering on August 18, followed by an appearance at the Rolex Monterey Motorsports Reunion on August 19 and on the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance concept lawn subsequently.
The ARX-05 will come with a production-based Acura AR35TT twin-turbo 3.5-litre V6, which is based on the engine that's found in the Acura RDX, MDX, TLX and RLX road cars, sold in the American market.
Long-time Honda racing partner Team Penske will campaign two ARX-05 prototypes this season in the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship. The ARX-05 will make its competition debut at the Rolex 24 at Daytona next January where it will face the ultimate test.
- NewsPetrol and diesel prices to increase by Rs 2 in Maharashtra from tomorrow, June 1
- NewsHyundai exports 5000 cars in May
- NewsMercedes-Benz all set to launch the new GLS on June 17
- NewsRenault, Nissan and Mitsubishi cars to share more commonality than ever before
- NewsLego now gets its hands on the Lamborghini Sian FKP 37
- CONTEST: Finding Solace | Better Photography Weekly Challenge
- Winners of the Macros at Home Contest
- A ‘Bird’ was Used to Make Children Sit Still!