Video worth watching: Audi's five-pot shot to fame
Audi is undoubtedly one of the most widely recognised luxury brands in the world right now. But there was a time when they were apparently considered to be boring "teachers' cars." They weren't even considered to be competition to premium car manufacturers like Mercedes-Benz and BMW. And to be able to break into that space, the brand really needed something outstanding something no other manufacturer had thought off. And so they came up with one of the most iconic developments in automotive history, the five-cylinder engine.
Here's a video on how and why the engine was developed, and how it turned Audi's fortunes over. The video begins with the development of the engine, how it made a lasting impact in the Group B rally days and several other fields of motorsport. It might just be an elaborate advertisement for the new five-cylinder Audi TT RS and the Audi RS3 sedan, but there are plenty of amazing shots of a lot of iconic five-cylinder Audis going very fast, and interview from motorsport legends like Walter Rörhl, Hans-Joachim Stuck, and Hurley Haywood.
Starts Rs 63.12 Lakhs
- NewsMaruti Suzuki S-Presso spotted undisguised ahead of India launch on September 30
- News2020 Tata Nexon facelift spotted testing again
- NewsImage Gallery: 2020 Honda CRF1100L Africa Twin unveiled internationally
- NewsSkoda Kodiaq and Superb Corporate editions launched, starting at Rs 25.99 lakh
- NewsMahindra XUV300 automatic now available W6 variant - price starts at 9.99 lakh