Video worth watching: Audi's five-pot shot to fame
Audi is undoubtedly one of the most widely recognised luxury brands in the world right now. But there was a time when they were apparently considered to be boring "teachers' cars." They weren't even considered to be competition to premium car manufacturers like Mercedes-Benz and BMW. And to be able to break into that space, the brand really needed something outstanding something no other manufacturer had thought off. And so they came up with one of the most iconic developments in automotive history, the five-cylinder engine.
Here's a video on how and why the engine was developed, and how it turned Audi's fortunes over. The video begins with the development of the engine, how it made a lasting impact in the Group B rally days and several other fields of motorsport. It might just be an elaborate advertisement for the new five-cylinder Audi TT RS and the Audi RS3 sedan, but there are plenty of amazing shots of a lot of iconic five-cylinder Audis going very fast, and interview from motorsport legends like Walter Rörhl, Hans-Joachim Stuck, and Hurley Haywood.
Starts Rs 63.12 Lakhs
- News2020 Triumph Street Triple R launched in India at Rs 8.84 lakh
- NewsLive updates: 2020 Triumph Street Triple R launch in India
- NewsKTM 250 Adventure motorcycle spied again, this time with a touring kit
- NewsRenault India announces benefits of up to Rs 70,000 on Duster, Kwid and Triber
- NewsHyundai Creta has reached the 5 lakh sales mark in India