Video worth watching: Bugatti Veyron delivery process
Buying a car is always a special experience, especially in India. Coconuts are broken, blessings given and mithai shared. But the car delivery experience can go to a whole new level when you're dealing with multimillion dollar sportscars. Authorised dealers Symbolic Motors recently delivered a one-off L'Or edition Veyron Grand Sport to a customer in San Diego and part of the process was caught on film.
Symbolic Motors, who are also the authorised dealers for brands like Rolls-Royce, Bentley and Lamborghini, clearly have plenty of experience dealing with super expensive machinery. The Veyron came fully wrapped in a thick layer of protective plastic with holes cut out for all the air intakes and the exhaust -this is so the car engine can run safely for a few minutes without the risk of overheating. Even the wheels are meticulously packed with Styrofoam and cloth secured around each spoke with zip ties. Not just that - the truck that carries the car has wooden flooring to absorb impacts during delivery.
Once the car is carefully inched off the truck and driven into the dealership's parking lot, it is carefully unwrapped to reveal the somewhat outlandish black and red paint scheme. We'd love to hear what you think of the meticulous unloading process. Also, that paint scheme - let us know in the comments below.
Starts Rs 12 Crore
- NewsTata Altroz diesel now more affordable with Rs 40,000 price cut
- NewsVolkswagen's first electric SUV, the ID.4, will include 3-years of free fast charging in the US
- NewsFord Endeavour Sport launched in India, prices start from Rs 35.10 lakh
- NewsToyota GR Super Sport hypercar prototype debuts at Le Mans 2020
- NewsFounder of Nikola Motor, fuel-cell transit revolutionary, resigns amidst claims of fraud