Video worth watching: Damien Walters backflips over a hurtling Formula-E car
Men backflipping over cars is something one would find in South Indian movies, with outlandish dialogues and physics-defying action scenes. However, we never expected to see footage which obeys the laws of nature, and that too using a race car for the operation. The race car in use is from a very recently conceived form of motorsport Formula E. The race car is all-electric and can accelerate to a 100kmph in around 3 seconds with a top speed of 225kmph.
The brave soul partaking in this exercise is freerunner and daredevil extraordinaire Damien Walters. Walters has played as a stunt double in multiple Hollywood blockbusters like Sherlock Holmes, Captain America and Skyfall. Initially, practice sessions are conducted wherein the appropriate car speed is decided and Walters backflips at a location offset to the car, so as to view the profile and get the timing right. A single mistake could cost Walters his life. It is also worth noting that Walters is carrying this out with his back to the car. Ludicrous. After completing preparations, the Formula E race car and Walters align, and the stunt commences, with the car hurtling towards Walters at 100kmph. We don't think we should spoil this video for you, otherwise it wouldn't have been aired at all.
- FeaturesCounter to COVID - MTDC flags-off its motorhome and campervan
- NewsExclusive Mini Convertible Sidewalk Edition launched at Rs 44.9 lakh
- NewsRenault Kwid Neotech edition launched in India, prices start from Rs 4.30 lakh
- NewsUpcoming Tata Altroz turbo-petrol specs and prices leaked ahead of launch
- NewsFirst-ever Hyundai i20 N Line revealed, with same mechanicals but sportier looks