Video worth watching: Damien Walters backflips over a hurtling Formula-E car
Men backflipping over cars is something one would find in South Indian movies, with outlandish dialogues and physics-defying action scenes. However, we never expected to see footage which obeys the laws of nature, and that too using a race car for the operation. The race car in use is from a very recently conceived form of motorsport Formula E. The race car is all-electric and can accelerate to a 100kmph in around 3 seconds with a top speed of 225kmph.
The brave soul partaking in this exercise is freerunner and daredevil extraordinaire Damien Walters. Walters has played as a stunt double in multiple Hollywood blockbusters like Sherlock Holmes, Captain America and Skyfall. Initially, practice sessions are conducted wherein the appropriate car speed is decided and Walters backflips at a location offset to the car, so as to view the profile and get the timing right. A single mistake could cost Walters his life. It is also worth noting that Walters is carrying this out with his back to the car. Ludicrous. After completing preparations, the Formula E race car and Walters align, and the stunt commences, with the car hurtling towards Walters at 100kmph. We don't think we should spoil this video for you, otherwise it wouldn't have been aired at all.
- NewsIndia-spec 2019 Nissan Kicks unveiled In Mumbai
- NewsMahindra and Ford to collaborate on shared powertrains, connected car tech
- NewsLive updates: Reveal of India-spec 2019 Nissan Kicks
- Review2019 Ducati Multistrada 1260 Enduro first ride review
- NewsConfirmed: KTM says 790 Duke launch in India not slated for November
- News2019 Hyundai Tucson facelift coming to India in May 2019
- NewsBREAKING: 2018 KTM 790 Duke to be launched in India post-Diwali 2018, pre-bookings already open
- News2019 Porsche Cayenne launched in India at Rs 1.19 crore
- Review2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo first drive review
- NewsSkoda Vision X SUV to be shown in production guise in March 2019