Video worth watching: Drag racing crash leaves an unrecognizable car
Drag racing is an American pastime which uses one of the simplest formulas to get maximum kicks. Drag racing is seen at almost every level, starting from illegal street racing and going all the way up to professional track-based competitions. One of these drag racing leagues is the NHRA Pro Mod Drag Racing Series, which has modified cars hurtling down the straight at over 400kmph. There are three types of engine combinations that can be used a supercharged engine, a turbocharged engine, or a nitrous oxide boosted engine. The power developed by these engines is around 2,500PS with certain examples hovering in the 4,000PS region.
During the qualifying session of the 2016 NHRA Pro Mod in Houston, racer Sidnei Frigo lost control of his turbocharged Corvette dragster during his run. For a second, it seemed like he had things under control, with the car veering from left to right steadily. In a sudden turn of events, the Corvette darted into the side wall and began an achingly long set of barrel rolls which rendered the Corvette utterly mangled. Surprisingly enough, Frigo only suffered from a broken hand from this incident. However, we can't say the same for his car though. Here is the footage of the crash:
- NewsUpcoming Tata Altroz turbo-petrol specs and prices leaked ahead of launch
- NewsFirst-ever Hyundai i20 N Line revealed, with same mechanicals but sportier looks
- Review2020 Skoda Rapid TSI automatic road test review
- News2020 Honda CB 350 launch in India: Top five highlights
- News2020 Honda CB 350 rivals in India: Royal Enfield Classic 350, Benelli imperiale 400, Jawa Perak, Bajaj Dominar 400 and RE Meteor 350