Video worth watching: Glorious hand-assembled miniature W32 engine
Engines have a way with a petrolhead's heart. They are able to spike adrenaline levels and evoke indescribable emotions. José Manuel Hermo Barreiro, who calls himself Patelo, uses this passion to create miniature fully functional engines. Patelo, a retired naval engineer, creates mechanical marvels. They are so intricate and precise that they almost seem magical. He has created a fair number of functional engines, ranging from inlines to radials. His most famous creation is an almost palm-sized V12 engine (because V12!). This time, Patelo has taken things one step further (a massive one at that) by designing and assembling a fully functional W32 engine!
As seen in the video, the engine is virtually vibration free, allowing coins to be balanced on it while it's running. Such is the level of precision. When one sees the number of parts, screws and effort that went into making this wonder of an engine, you cannot help but see the love the man has for his creations. To be precise, 850 parts and 632 screws were used in the engine, all taking 2,520 hours of work to bring to completion. As if the feat wasn't jaw-dropping enough, Patelo designed and manufactured each part without any computer aid.
Team OD | 13 Jun 2018
Team OD | 11 Jun 2018
- News2019 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 launched in India at Rs 9.99 lakh
- NewsAutomobile events this week: June 18 - 24
- NewsMotoGP 2018 : Jorge Lorenzo wins the Catalan GP
- NewsAudi global CEO Rupert Stadler arrested over Dieselgate scandal
- NewsMahindra S201 sub-four meter SUV test mule spotted
- NewsRoyal Enfield unveils three new 650 parallel twin-based custom motorcycles at Wheels and Waves 2018
- NewsMercedes-AMG S63 Coupe launched in India at Rs 2.55 crore (ex showroom India)
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Mercedes-AMG S63 Coupe launch in India
- NewsHonda and Delhi Police educate 1,000 kids about road safety awareness
- NewsIsuzu introduces X-Power variants of the D-Max and the MU-X