Video worth watching: Guy Martin takes on David Coulthard at Silverstone
With the next MotoGP race upon us this weekend, we thought it would be apt to give some motorsport fun for all ages. In this video, we take a look at Isle of Man TT star Guy Martin in his race-tuned BMW S1000RR taking on Formula One legend David Coulthard in a Red Bull Racing RB8. The venue for the clash between these two giants is hallowed ground in the world of motorsport Silverstone circuit.
Martin's BMW S1000RR is powered by a 999cc inline-4 petrol engine producing 220PS. This doesn't seem very awe-inspiring until you take into account the fact that the bike weighs only 162kg (232kg with Martin seated on it). That equates to a power to weight ratio close to 1,000PS/tonne, a figure few cars can ever hope to achieve. The Red Bull Racing RB8 on the other hand is powered by a 2.4-litre V8 producing 750PS, in a car that weighs 570kg. This gives the Formula One car a power to weight ratio of over 1,300PS/tonne.
Team OD | 13 Jun 2018
Team OD | 11 Jun 2018
- News2019 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 launched in India at Rs 9.99 lakh
- NewsAutomobile events this week: June 18 - 24
- NewsMotoGP 2018 : Jorge Lorenzo wins the Catalan GP
- NewsAudi global CEO Rupert Stadler arrested over Dieselgate scandal
- NewsMahindra S201 sub-four meter SUV test mule spotted
- NewsRoyal Enfield unveils three new 650 parallel twin-based custom motorcycles at Wheels and Waves 2018
- NewsMercedes-AMG S63 Coupe launched in India at Rs 2.55 crore (ex showroom India)
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Mercedes-AMG S63 Coupe launch in India
- NewsHonda and Delhi Police educate 1,000 kids about road safety awareness
- NewsIsuzu introduces X-Power variants of the D-Max and the MU-X