Video worth watching: Guy Martin takes on David Coulthard at Silverstone
With the next MotoGP race upon us this weekend, we thought it would be apt to give some motorsport fun for all ages. In this video, we take a look at Isle of Man TT star Guy Martin in his race-tuned BMW S1000RR taking on Formula One legend David Coulthard in a Red Bull Racing RB8. The venue for the clash between these two giants is hallowed ground in the world of motorsport Silverstone circuit.
Martin's BMW S1000RR is powered by a 999cc inline-4 petrol engine producing 220PS. This doesn't seem very awe-inspiring until you take into account the fact that the bike weighs only 162kg (232kg with Martin seated on it). That equates to a power to weight ratio close to 1,000PS/tonne, a figure few cars can ever hope to achieve. The Red Bull Racing RB8 on the other hand is powered by a 2.4-litre V8 producing 750PS, in a car that weighs 570kg. This gives the Formula One car a power to weight ratio of over 1,300PS/tonne.
- NewsVinod Dasari resigns as MD and CEO of Ashok Leyland
- Review2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400 road test review
- NewsSpec comparo: Jawa vs Royal Enfield Classic 350
- NewsMercedes-Benz C-Class facelift petrol to launch in India by the end of 2018
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS launched in India at Rs 84.70 lakh
- News2019 Kawasaki Versys 1000 bookings start in India, deliveries post April 2019
- News2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS four-door coupe launched in India at Rs 84.70 lakh
- NewsLive updates: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS India launch
- NewsSavita Oil Technologies to supply Tata Motors with original oils
- NewsMahindra Treo electric three-wheeler range with lithium-ion battery pack launched in India at Rs 1.36 lakh