Video worth watching: Guy Martin takes on David Coulthard at Silverstone
With the next MotoGP race upon us this weekend, we thought it would be apt to give some motorsport fun for all ages. In this video, we take a look at Isle of Man TT star Guy Martin in his race-tuned BMW S1000RR taking on Formula One legend David Coulthard in a Red Bull Racing RB8. The venue for the clash between these two giants is hallowed ground in the world of motorsport Silverstone circuit.
Martin's BMW S1000RR is powered by a 999cc inline-4 petrol engine producing 220PS. This doesn't seem very awe-inspiring until you take into account the fact that the bike weighs only 162kg (232kg with Martin seated on it). That equates to a power to weight ratio close to 1,000PS/tonne, a figure few cars can ever hope to achieve. The Red Bull Racing RB8 on the other hand is powered by a 2.4-litre V8 producing 750PS, in a car that weighs 570kg. This gives the Formula One car a power to weight ratio of over 1,300PS/tonne.
- NewsUpcoming Tata Altroz turbo-petrol specs and prices leaked ahead of launch
- NewsFirst-ever Hyundai i20 N Line revealed, with same mechanicals but sportier looks
- Review2020 Skoda Rapid TSI automatic road test review
- News2020 Honda CB 350 launch in India: Top five highlights
- News2020 Honda CB 350 rivals in India: Royal Enfield Classic 350, Benelli imperiale 400, Jawa Perak, Bajaj Dominar 400 and RE Meteor 350