Video worth watching: Horsepower vs dog power
Exploration of the frozen parts of the planet has been going on for more than a century, but vehicles capable of reaching these far-off locations have only recently been developed limited. The low-traction, near-freezing temperatures have so far been better suited for dog sleds. Hence to prove the worthiness of its new Land Rover Discovery Sport, British SUV maker Land Rover pitted the car against a champion mid-distance dog sled team from Finland.
To complete this challenge, Land Rover also built a 1km snow track in the Vesileppis Tunnel, Finland which simulates the cold environment, surface, and conditions found at the poles of the earth. The company then raced the Land Rover Discovery Sport against a dog sled ridden by Finnish Champion Laura Kaariaine for a one-lap race at the track located 35 metres underground.
Watch the video below to see who wins:
Starts Rs 71.38 Lakhs
Starts Rs 57.06 Lakhs
- NewsPetrol and diesel prices to increase by Rs 2 in Maharashtra from tomorrow, June 1
- NewsHyundai exports 5000 cars in May
- NewsMercedes-Benz all set to launch the new GLS on June 17
- NewsRenault, Nissan and Mitsubishi cars to share more commonality than ever before
- NewsLego now gets its hands on the Lamborghini Sian FKP 37
- CONTEST: Finding Solace | Better Photography Weekly Challenge
- Winners of the Macros at Home Contest
- A ‘Bird’ was Used to Make Children Sit Still!