Video worth watching: Horsepower vs dog power
Exploration of the frozen parts of the planet has been going on for more than a century, but vehicles capable of reaching these far-off locations have only recently been developed limited. The low-traction, near-freezing temperatures have so far been better suited for dog sleds. Hence to prove the worthiness of its new Land Rover Discovery Sport, British SUV maker Land Rover pitted the car against a champion mid-distance dog sled team from Finland.
To complete this challenge, Land Rover also built a 1km snow track in the Vesileppis Tunnel, Finland which simulates the cold environment, surface, and conditions found at the poles of the earth. The company then raced the Land Rover Discovery Sport against a dog sled ridden by Finnish Champion Laura Kaariaine for a one-lap race at the track located 35 metres underground.
Watch the video below to see who wins:
Starts Rs 71.38 Lakhs
Starts Rs 42.47 Lakhs
- NewsDiscounts of up to 50 per cent on motorcycle tyres in India
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 BMW G 310 R
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 BMW G 310 GS
- NewsTata Nexon AMT option launched in XM mid-range trim in India at Rs 7.50 lakh
- News2018 BMW G 310 GS and G 310 R reach dealerships ahead of India launch
- FeaturesOn test at OVERDRIVE: Casio Pro Trek WSD-F20 smart watch
- NewsVolkswagen asked reasons for not recalling diesel cars affected in the emissions scandal by NGT
- NewsImage gallery: Vazirani Automotive showcases Shul, India's first hypercar at the Goodwood Festival of Speed
- NewsVolvo XC40 gets 200 bookings in a fortnight, two new variants now also available
- NewsBMW G 310 R and G 310 GS recalled in the US