Video worth watching: Horsepower vs dog power
Exploration of the frozen parts of the planet has been going on for more than a century, but vehicles capable of reaching these far-off locations have only recently been developed limited. The low-traction, near-freezing temperatures have so far been better suited for dog sleds. Hence to prove the worthiness of its new Land Rover Discovery Sport, British SUV maker Land Rover pitted the car against a champion mid-distance dog sled team from Finland.
To complete this challenge, Land Rover also built a 1km snow track in the Vesileppis Tunnel, Finland which simulates the cold environment, surface, and conditions found at the poles of the earth. The company then raced the Land Rover Discovery Sport against a dog sled ridden by Finnish Champion Laura Kaariaine for a one-lap race at the track located 35 metres underground.
Watch the video below to see who wins:
Starts Rs 71.38 Lakhs
Starts Rs 44.68 Lakhs
- NewsMaruti Suzuki S-Presso spotted undisguised ahead of India launch on September 30
- News2020 Tata Nexon facelift spotted testing again
- NewsImage Gallery: 2020 Honda CRF1100L Africa Twin unveiled internationally
- NewsSkoda Kodiaq and Superb Corporate editions launched, starting at Rs 25.99 lakh
- NewsMahindra XUV300 automatic now available W6 variant - price starts at 9.99 lakh