Video worth watching: Kenny Roberts at the Indy Mile on the Yamaha TZ750. Again
There are a few motorcycles that have been classy enough to straddle the thin line between desire - you absolutely have to ride one before you die - and fear - you're absolutely terrified of it. For us mortals, these motorcycles don't really need to be all that exotic either. Ride your first properly tuned two-stroke and the fear and desire will flashflood your senses giving you many a sweaty night spent lying away wondering whether your bank balance was for the hospital bill or the motorcycle purchase that would lead to the hospital bill.
But when a world champion is afraid of a motorcycle, you know it's got to be special. Not that the Yamaha TZ750, for anyone even remotely in the know, needs an introduction. Alpinestars have this video up on facebook (depending on the draconian IT laws in your office you will have to wait to get home before seeing it) which chronicles Kenny Roberts' experience as he meets the fearsome Yamaha at the Indy Mile dirt track, a full thirty-four years after he won the Indy Mile on it.
You'll see him have a laugh with Colin Edwards, you'll see Valentino Rossi watch the Indy racers in unbridled awe and you'll see Kenny Roberts say, "They don't pay me enough to ride that thing."
Team OD | 12 Feb 2019
Team OD | 14 Feb 2019
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Honda Civic
- Review2019 Honda Civic first drive review
- News2019 Ford Aspire launched with CNG variant in India for Rs 6.27 lakh
- NewsDucati's DRE Off Road Days to happen this weekend
- NewsMG Motor India invests Rs 150 crore on new corporate office, brand store and flagship showroom
- The Forum Art Gallery Residency
- The Hindu Photojournalism Awards
- Book Review: The Red Cat and Other Stories | Ritesh Uttamchandani