Video Worth Watching: KTM 890 Duke R
The KTM 790 Duke was a hoot! While its 390-esque design was the reason for it not to have made big waves in the Indian market, its hooligan engine and the razor-sharp handling made us go crazy about the 790 Duke. Now as you are aware, the 790 Duke has been succeeded by the 890 Duke in the wake of the Euro V emissions and while the availability of that motorcycle for the Indian market is still a big question, we are excited about the KTM 890 Duke R that was just presented in the international scene.
The 890 Duke R uses the 790 Duke's engine, bored and stroked for increased capacity and a higher output of 121PS and 99Nm. The engine also features a revised geometry for the crank, cam, pistons and con-rods. The new gearbox features lighter springs and shorter shifter-travel.
Apart from the Duke R decals and the orange frame, the suspension has been tweaked for the increased power and the even more aggressive nature of the updated engine. Braking duties are taken care of by Brembo Stylema callipers - which are the best in the business.
In fact, the 'R' treatment always ensures top-drawer equipment on a KTM, and the 890 Duke R is no different. Bring track-focused, it also has a more aggressive rider geometry. KTM is touting the sharpened handling character of the 890 Duke R, by calling it the 'Super Scalpel' and that leaves us wanting to ride this motorcycle sooner than later!
- NewsAmerica's second-largest rental car company, Hertz, files for bankruptcy
- NewsCoronavirus impact: Kia launches the 'Kia Care' initiative
- News2020 Skoda Karoq SUV expected to be priced around Rs 27 lakh, on-road
- NewsVirtual 24 Hours of Le Mans to be held in June, participation from top teams confirmed
- NewsBattRE launches the gps:ie at Rs 64,990
- CONTEST: Finding Solace | Better Photography Weekly Challenge
- Winners of the Macros at Home Contest
- A ‘Bird’ was Used to Make Children Sit Still!