Video worth watching: Masaru Abe holds wheelie for 500km
Popping wheelies that last a couple of metres is hard enough. But not for Masaru Abe. He just broke the world record for the longest held wheelie on a motorcycle. He held a wheelie on a scooter, a Yamaha Jog 125, for a stunning 500.5322km! To put things into perspective, that's the same as going from Mumbai in Maharashtra to Belagavi in Karnataka. And it took him over 13 hours to do it! While the previous record, at 331.0915km, is no joke, Abe's record-breaking attempt takes it to a whole new level. And here's a video of him doing it.
Abe performed the wheelie at the Kawaguchi Auto Race facility in Saitama, Japan. He maintained a speed of around 40kmph throughout the run with constant throttle modulation. Watch the video to see how he managed to hydrate himself and just how challenging the feat was. Abe calls himself Wheelie King and after this stint, he certainly earned the title.
- News2019 Hyundai Kona Electric will be the company's first all-electric model for India
- NewsHarley-Davidson India offers flat track racing experience for enthusiasts
- News2018 Hyundai Creta facelift to be launched earlier than expected in May
- News2018 Triumph Tiger 800 launched in India at Rs 11.76 lakh
- NewsImage Gallery: Volkswagen reveals I. D. R Pikes Peak prototype racer
- News2018 Triumph Tiger 800 launch - LIVE updates
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Desert Storm 2018: CS Santosh leads Moto class after Leg 2
- News2018 Mahindra XUV500 facelift spotted undisguised before April launch
- NewsTata Motors to raise car prices by up to Rs 60,000 in India
- NewsNissan, Datsun to hike car prices by 2 per cent from April 1 in India