Video worth watching: Masaru Abe holds wheelie for 500km
Popping wheelies that last a couple of metres is hard enough. But not for Masaru Abe. He just broke the world record for the longest held wheelie on a motorcycle. He held a wheelie on a scooter, a Yamaha Jog 125, for a stunning 500.5322km! To put things into perspective, that's the same as going from Mumbai in Maharashtra to Belagavi in Karnataka. And it took him over 13 hours to do it! While the previous record, at 331.0915km, is no joke, Abe's record-breaking attempt takes it to a whole new level. And here's a video of him doing it.
Abe performed the wheelie at the Kawaguchi Auto Race facility in Saitama, Japan. He maintained a speed of around 40kmph throughout the run with constant throttle modulation. Watch the video to see how he managed to hydrate himself and just how challenging the feat was. Abe calls himself Wheelie King and after this stint, he certainly earned the title.
- NewsDucati Dream Tour Rajasthan to be held from February 1 to 5, 2019
- News2018 INRC: Gaurav Gill claims championship title with Popular Rally victory
- News2019 Ford Figo facelift spotted testing undisguised
- NewsUpdated Force Gurkha Xtreme launched at Rs 12.99 lakh
- NewsKTM working on a bigger and better RC390, to take on Yamaha R3 and Kawasaki Ninja 400
- NewsHyundai QXi sub-four meter SUV spotted testing in South Korea
- NewsLambretta EV to be launched in India in 2020
- News2019 Toyota Camry hybrid to launch in India on January 18
- News2019 Bajaj Platina 110 launched at Rs 47,197
- News2019 Mercedes-Benz CLA teased ahead of debut next month at CES 2019