Video worth watching: Porsche 911 GT2 RS fastest road car around Nurburgring
Get in the cockpit of the Porsche 911 GT2 RS that just smashed the Lamborghini Huracan Performante's fastest street-legal car lap record around the Nurburgring. The Lamborghini Huracan Performante had only recently broken the record previously held by Porsche's 918, so the German carmaker decided to reclaim the title. The video this week is from the GT2 RS driven by Porsche factory test driver Lars Kern, who shaved 5 seconds off the Performante's record, by clocking 6 minutes 47.3 seconds. Well, you have to see the video to believe the average speed for the record lap was 184.1kmph.
The 20.6km track Nurburgring Nordschleife is known for the sheer number of cars that undergo development based on their performance here. And while there may be many other fast GT2 RS drivers, Kern with his record is the fastest man in a road-legal car at this track, for now. Here's a look at what a record-breaking lap around the Nurburgring looks like:
Starts Rs 1.38 Crore
Starts Rs 3.25 Crore
- OpinionOn OVERDRIVE turning twenty...
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show
- News2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched in India at Rs 40 lakh
- NewsNew-gen Honda CR-V to be launched in India on October 9
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class facelift India launch
- NewsImage gallery: Mercedes-AMG A35 revealed
- NewsMercedes-AMG A35 hot hatchback revealed ahead of Paris Motor Show