Video worth watching: Porsche Cayman vs six racing drones
Drones have been used by defence forces of developed countries for surveillance operations for a long time, and other countries are joining the party. Drones have revolutionised the world of photography with photographers and videographers exploring angles that wouldn't have been possible before, and now we have racing drones. Yes, you heard it right. Remote-controlled aircraft racing had been the hobby of many for a long time, and now the increased manoeuvring capabilities of a drone have led to hobbyists racing drones.
2017 Porsche Cayman
Racing drones have advanced technologies; some of them are also guided by radars. Drones have also become very fast, with the fastest one so far being clocked at a speed of 206kmph. While this level of performance would leave many stunned, this got the folks over at Porsche thinking.
After launching the new 718 Cayman, which is capable of accelerating from 0-100kmph in 4.9 seconds and then going onto a top speed of 275kmph, Porsche probably thought it was a good idea to pit the Cayman against these racing drones and make a video on it. And what a good decision it was. The video, as a result, is as thrilling as the idea itself.
A Miami blue Porsche 718 Cayman is driven by Mauro Carlo, a stunt driver, around a set course, early in the morning, on an empty Medway Port in the United Kingdom and chased by six hunter drones. Sounds exciting enough? With proximity sensor-activated smoke bombs fixed to the underside of the car, it would be easy to find out if a drone managed to catch up with the car. It sounds like an exciting game of cat and mouse but with a whole new level of technology, doesn't it?
With Porsche being creative and finding new ways to display its car's prowess and performance, this is a video worth watching. Watch the video below to find out who won this game of cat and mouse.
Starts Rs 1.05 Crore
Starts Rs 86 Lakhs
- NewsAtacama Rally 2018: Hero MotoSports' Oriol Mena finishes Stage 2 in 10th place, Joaquim Rodrigues 15th
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: CS Santosh to lead charge for Hero Motosport Team Rally
- NewsIsuzu India announces cricketer Jonty Rhodes as new brand ambassador for D-Max V-Cross
- NewsHonda Navi crosses one lakh sales mark
- NewsMaruti Suzuki increases prices of all its models in India
- Review2018 Suzuki Burgman Street road test review
- NewsYamaha YZF-R15 Moto GP limited edition and new colour options for Yamaha FZS-Fi launched at Rs 1.3 lakh and Rs 87,042
- NewsNext-gen Hyundai Santro design sketch unveiled, to launch in October 2018
- NewsSportier Toyota Yaris TRD Sportivo shown at GIIAS 2018
- News2018 Bajaj Pulsar NS160 with rear disc brake priced at Rs 82,630