Video worth watching: Porsche Cayman vs six racing drones
Drones have been used by defence forces of developed countries for surveillance operations for a long time, and other countries are joining the party. Drones have revolutionised the world of photography with photographers and videographers exploring angles that wouldn't have been possible before, and now we have racing drones. Yes, you heard it right. Remote-controlled aircraft racing had been the hobby of many for a long time, and now the increased manoeuvring capabilities of a drone have led to hobbyists racing drones.
2017 Porsche Cayman
Racing drones have advanced technologies; some of them are also guided by radars. Drones have also become very fast, with the fastest one so far being clocked at a speed of 206kmph. While this level of performance would leave many stunned, this got the folks over at Porsche thinking.
After launching the new 718 Cayman, which is capable of accelerating from 0-100kmph in 4.9 seconds and then going onto a top speed of 275kmph, Porsche probably thought it was a good idea to pit the Cayman against these racing drones and make a video on it. And what a good decision it was. The video, as a result, is as thrilling as the idea itself.
A Miami blue Porsche 718 Cayman is driven by Mauro Carlo, a stunt driver, around a set course, early in the morning, on an empty Medway Port in the United Kingdom and chased by six hunter drones. Sounds exciting enough? With proximity sensor-activated smoke bombs fixed to the underside of the car, it would be easy to find out if a drone managed to catch up with the car. It sounds like an exciting game of cat and mouse but with a whole new level of technology, doesn't it?
With Porsche being creative and finding new ways to display its car's prowess and performance, this is a video worth watching. Watch the video below to find out who won this game of cat and mouse.
Starts Rs 1.05 Crore
Starts Rs 81.63 Lakhs
- NewsJeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk can make 1,000PS+, ask Hennessey Performance
- NewsRange Rover Velar launched in Malaysia at RM529,800
- News2018 Merzouga Rally: Sherco TVS rider Joan Pedrero Garcia ranked eighth overall after Stage 3
- NewsInterview: Gaurav Gill on competing in the WRC 2 championship with Team MRF in 2018
- NewsYamaha FZ 25 wins India Design Mark (I Mark) Awards 2018
- NewsBMW M2 Competition revealed with 405PS
- News2018 Ashok Leyland Annual Global Conference held in Chennai
- News2018 BMW X3 launched in India starting at Rs 49.99 lakh
- News2018 Mahindra XUV500 facelift: Top five things that you should know
- NewsOfficial: BMW G 310 R and G 310 GS bookings have NOT begun in India