Video worth watching: Royal Enfield 650 twins - Engineering fun
Royal Enfield has just launched the Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 in the US. Alongside their launch, the company has also put out videos on parts of the development process of its two 650 twins. The video begins with a quick word from CEO Siddhartha Lal and president Rudratej Singh talking about what their motorcycles represent and what the new 650 twins mean to the company.
Members of the product strategy as well as vehicle testing teams explain how much time has gone into developing these two motorcycles. There is extensive torture and fatigue testing before these machines were considered fit for production. Perhaps the most important unveil for Indian enthusiasts, these are the first twin-cylinder engined motorcycles from the brand to be built in India.
The highlight of the two motorcycles is the new 650cc parallel twin engine developed by Royal Enfield. The motorcycles made their debut in India at the 2017 Royal Enfield Rider Mania. The base price of the Continental GT 650 in the US is USD 5,999 that makes it equivalent to Rs 4.4 lakh while that of the Interceptor 650 is USD 5,799 that makes is roughly Rs 4.2 lakh.
Since both the Royal Enfield Twins will be manufactured in India, they will be priced competitively in the country. For example, the prices of the Royal Enfield 500s are in the range of USD 5,000 which translates to Rs 3.64 lakh. So it is obvious to expect that the new 650 twins from Royal Enfield will be priced below Rs 3 lakh. Let's keep our fingers crossed till the official announcement happens. For now, we know that Royal Enfield will be starting the bookings of the 650 Twins from mid-November and the deliveries are expected to commence from January 2019 onwards.
Here is the video:
Starts Rs 2,65,000
Starts Rs 2,50,000
- NewsINRC 2019: Younus Ilyas wins a closely fought Sprint de Bengaluru
- NewsRoyal Enfield Bullet Trials 350 and Bullet Trials 500 launched in India at Rs 1.62 lakh and Rs 2.07 lakh respectively
- News2019 Bajaj Platina 100 KS launched in India at Rs 40,500
- News2019 FIM Bajas World Cup: Raorane 27th, Pissay 29th at Baja do Pinhal
- NewsAudi's new 2-litre race engine makes 610PS!
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip