Video worth watching Tesla Model X rollover test
Elon Musk touts his Tesla cars to be some of the safest around and apart from a smattering of untoward incidents involving Tesla's Autopilot autonomous driving system or its misuse, the cars more or less live up to this claim with the Model X SUV being the first to achieve an NHTSA 5-Star safety rating in every category from the US government.
Today's video worth watching which shows the Tesla Model X undergoing rollover testing is proof of this. A black Model X is shown to be undergoing an internal 'soil trip' test where it simulates the SUV slide sideways from tarmac to a loose surface like sand. Three attempts are shown, but the Model X never really find itself on its roof. This quite impressive given that such a test usually heavily disbalances most cars, especially tall SUVs.
See it for yourself here:
Model X is the first and only SUV to achieve a NHTSA 5-Star safety rating in every category and subcategory, with the lowest probability of rollover and overall injury of any SUV pic.twitter.com/V0f8ljeIBp
- Tesla (@Tesla) May 20, 2018
- NewsHyundai Venue SUV to get iMT clutchless manual gearbox with 1.0-litre turbo
- NewsBSVI Skoda Rapid 1.0-litre TSI to get automatic option in September 2020
- NewsAudi e-tron S and Audi e-tron S Sportback electric SUVs revealed
- NewsMG Gloster SUV teased on Indian website, here's everything you need to know
- NewsMaruti Suzuki launches subscription services
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block