Video worth watching Tesla Model X rollover test
Elon Musk touts his Tesla cars to be some of the safest around and apart from a smattering of untoward incidents involving Tesla's Autopilot autonomous driving system or its misuse, the cars more or less live up to this claim with the Model X SUV being the first to achieve an NHTSA 5-Star safety rating in every category from the US government.
Today's video worth watching which shows the Tesla Model X undergoing rollover testing is proof of this. A black Model X is shown to be undergoing an internal 'soil trip' test where it simulates the SUV slide sideways from tarmac to a loose surface like sand. Three attempts are shown, but the Model X never really find itself on its roof. This quite impressive given that such a test usually heavily disbalances most cars, especially tall SUVs.
See it for yourself here:
Model X is the first and only SUV to achieve a NHTSA 5-Star safety rating in every category and subcategory, with the lowest probability of rollover and overall injury of any SUV pic.twitter.com/V0f8ljeIBp
- Tesla (@Tesla) May 20, 2018
- NewsHyundai reveals the Elantra N Line with 204PS and even sharper looks
- NewsDetailed interior shots of next-gen Mercedes-Benz S-Class preview its game-changing cabin
- NewsSupreme Court allows registration of BSIV vehicles sold before lockdown
- Review2020 Tata Altroz diesel road test review
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Alto crosses 40 lakh sales milestone