Video worth watching Tesla Model X rollover test
Elon Musk touts his Tesla cars to be some of the safest around and apart from a smattering of untoward incidents involving Tesla's Autopilot autonomous driving system or its misuse, the cars more or less live up to this claim with the Model X SUV being the first to achieve an NHTSA 5-Star safety rating in every category from the US government.
Today's video worth watching which shows the Tesla Model X undergoing rollover testing is proof of this. A black Model X is shown to be undergoing an internal 'soil trip' test where it simulates the SUV slide sideways from tarmac to a loose surface like sand. Three attempts are shown, but the Model X never really find itself on its roof. This quite impressive given that such a test usually heavily disbalances most cars, especially tall SUVs.
See it for yourself here:
Model X is the first and only SUV to achieve a NHTSA 5-Star safety rating in every category and subcategory, with the lowest probability of rollover and overall injury of any SUV pic.twitter.com/V0f8ljeIBp
- Tesla (@Tesla) May 20, 2018
- News2018 Msports X30 Karting Championship: Shahan Ali Mohsin overcomes early upsets to win in Junior category
- NewsBMW M2 Competition set to debut in India soon
- News2019 Honda HR-V crossover facelift unveiled, to be powered by 1.5-litre i-VTEC
- NewsLiberty Walk transforms the Suzuki Jimmy into a mini G-Class
- NewsBMW X7 flagship SUV shows its off roading capabilty in new teaser
- News2019 Kawasaki Ninja H2 gets more power, Brembo Stylema calipers and a self healing paint
- NewsBajaj Pulsar NS160 with rear disc brakes spotted at dealership
- NewsToyota Rush SUV to launch in Pakistan soon, India launch next?
- NewsHonda Civic facelift unveiled internationally ahead of India launch
- NewsProduct review: 2018 Arai Tour-X4 adv helmet