Video worth watching: WRC champion Sebastien Ogier tests Red Bull F1 car
Sebastien Ogier, four-time World Rally champion with Volkswagen, had always dreamt of driving a Formula 1 car. However, he was always prevented from doing exactly this, because of clauses in his contracts in his previous teams - Citroen and Volkswagen Motorsport. That changed recently. Ogier has been competing in the 2017 season of the WRC with the privateer M-Sport outfit, which meant that he was allowed to drive the Red Bull RB7 Formula 1 car, that was raced in 2011, at the Red Bull Ring in Austria.
WRC driver Sebastien Ogier consults with David Coulthard in Spielberg, Austria during his F1 outing with the Red Bull Racing team
The video is interesting, because it's obvious that even though Ogier is a four-time WRC champion, finding his comfort zone in a Formula 1 car, is something that will take him a long time. It puts into perspective the specific challenges of driving a single-seater of this level, and also demands a special skill set that Ogier, as yet, doesn't have.
On hand to help him, was former Red Bull Racing driver David Coulthard. It's a video worth watching for both Coulthard's insight on what Ogier needs to do differently, and Ogier's own perspective on how he needs to modify his driving style to come to terms with an F1 machine. The link is below:
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
- Features2016 Yamaha YZF-R3 long term review: After 12,572km and two years
- NewsPorsche discontinues diesel, to focus on EVs and hybrids
- News721PS/770Nm Ferrari 488 Pista comes with the most powerful V8 built by the company
- NewsTriumph Bonneville Speedmaster to launch in India on February 27, 2018
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Mahindra KUV100 Adventure Edition image gallery
- NewsGeneva Motor Show: Tata 45X based sedan teased
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Hyundai Elite i20 facelift image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha Motoroid concept
- NewsImage gallery: Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade
- NewsWRC 2018: Hyundai's Thierry Neuville victorious at Rally Sweden