Video worth watching: WRC champion Sebastien Ogier tests Red Bull F1 car
Sebastien Ogier, four-time World Rally champion with Volkswagen, had always dreamt of driving a Formula 1 car. However, he was always prevented from doing exactly this, because of clauses in his contracts in his previous teams - Citroen and Volkswagen Motorsport. That changed recently. Ogier has been competing in the 2017 season of the WRC with the privateer M-Sport outfit, which meant that he was allowed to drive the Red Bull RB7 Formula 1 car, that was raced in 2011, at the Red Bull Ring in Austria.
WRC driver Sebastien Ogier consults with David Coulthard in Spielberg, Austria during his F1 outing with the Red Bull Racing team
The video is interesting, because it's obvious that even though Ogier is a four-time WRC champion, finding his comfort zone in a Formula 1 car, is something that will take him a long time. It puts into perspective the specific challenges of driving a single-seater of this level, and also demands a special skill set that Ogier, as yet, doesn't have.
On hand to help him, was former Red Bull Racing driver David Coulthard. It's a video worth watching for both Coulthard's insight on what Ogier needs to do differently, and Ogier's own perspective on how he needs to modify his driving style to come to terms with an F1 machine. The link is below:
- NewsTravellers can now travel to Uttarakhand, Goa and Himachal Pradesh, have to follow guidelines
- NewsCEAT launches GoSafe S95 Face Masks, forays into personal protective equipment business
- News2020 Audi RS7 Sportback to be launched in India on July 16
- NewsHero MotoCorp gives 100 scooters to women police officers of Gorakhpur Police Department
- NewsRenault Kwid RXL 1.0L launched at Rs.4.16 lakh in India
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block