Video worth watching: Yamaha MOTOBOT 2 races Valentino Rossi
While car manufacturers are seen at the forefront of autonomous driving technology development, Yamaha has been doing the same for motorcycles with the development of its MOTOBOT 2. The MOTOBOT version 2 autonomous motorcycle riding robot has been in development since 2015 now and finally, its artificial intelligence has reached a skill level where the boffins at Yamaha believe it can take on possibly the best motorcycle rider they have access to, MotoGP Valentino Rossi. With this in mind, they recorded Rossi's lap time and then attempt to beat the time with MOTOBOT 2.
This week's video worth watching is an account of this attempt by Yamaha from the viewpoint of MOTOBOT 2. Since 2015, its hardware and software for autonomous riding were repeatedly reviewed and revised. In September 2017, one of the project's milestones was reached as MOTOBOT 2 successfully hit speeds exceeding 200 kmph. The next step was taking on 'The Doctor' himself. But can MOTOBOT 2 achieve what few humans have been able to, and beat Rossi's lap time around a racetrack?
Watch this video find out:
- NewsMahindra TUV300 facelift in the works, launch next year
- NewsTata Harrier SUV pre-bookings open at Rs 30,000 across India
- NewsImage gallery: India-bound 2019 Yamaha YZF-R3
- NewsDucati Multistrada 1260 Enduro breaks cover
- News2019 Kawasaki Z900 launched in India at Rs 7.68 lakh, same price as earlier
- NewsEXCLUSIVE: KTM India set to launch 125 Duke in India next month?
- NewsDucati now offering free GoPro action camera on purchase of Multistrada 950 and Scrambler 800
- FeaturesHow the Volkswagen I.D. R Pikes Peak claimed the electric car record at Goodwood
- NewsRenault Captur offered with benefits of upto Rs 81,000 in India
- NewsJK NRC 2018: Surya Varathan crowned Novice Cup Champion