Vimal Sumbly appointed head, Asia Pacific at Royal Enfield
Royal Enfield has roped in, ex-Triumph India MD Vimal Sumbly to head its Asia Pacific operations. Vimal Sumbly was instrumental in establishing a strong presence of the Triumph motorcycle brand in India. In fact, he is the one to setup the operations for the brand in India and also increase the number of dealerships and service centres of Triumph in the country. It his in presence that Triumph clocked a sales of 5,000 units in a short span of 4.5 years, 900 of which were Triumph Tigers. Presently, Triumph has a presence in the ADV, cafe racer, scrambler and retro classic segment of premium motorcycles in India. Vimal also initiated multiple customer based ride events like Tiger trails etc, all of which benefited the brand's growth in the country. Prior to joining Triumph, Vimal also headed the setup of probiking dealerships at Bajaj Auto and also the KTM outlets.
Royal Enfield is now gearing up to launch its flagship offerings, the Interceptor and the Continental GT 650 twins. Both the motorcycles will mark the entry of Royal Enfield in the premium 650cc segment that has players like Kawasaki, Harley-Davidson and Honda. Vimal is the third high profile hire by Royal Enfield for its operations after Sudhanshu Singh from Star Sports and Simon Warburton from Triumph UK.
We await an official confirmation from Royal Enfield regarding the same.
- NewsKia Sonet launched: Top 10 segment-first features
- NewsKia Sonet India launch: Prices and variant-wise features explained
- News2020 Kia Sonet price comparison vs Hyundai Venue, Maruti Suzuki Brezza and Tata Nexon
- NewsKia Sonet launched in India, prices start from Rs 6.71 lakh
- NewsLive updates: Kia Sonet India launch, prices, specs, details, variants, engines and features unveiled