Vimal Sumbly appointed head, Asia Pacific at Royal Enfield
Royal Enfield has roped in, ex-Triumph India MD Vimal Sumbly to head its Asia Pacific operations. Vimal Sumbly was instrumental in establishing a strong presence of the Triumph motorcycle brand in India. In fact, he is the one to setup the operations for the brand in India and also increase the number of dealerships and service centres of Triumph in the country. It his in presence that Triumph clocked a sales of 5,000 units in a short span of 4.5 years, 900 of which were Triumph Tigers. Presently, Triumph has a presence in the ADV, cafe racer, scrambler and retro classic segment of premium motorcycles in India. Vimal also initiated multiple customer based ride events like Tiger trails etc, all of which benefited the brand's growth in the country. Prior to joining Triumph, Vimal also headed the setup of probiking dealerships at Bajaj Auto and also the KTM outlets.
Royal Enfield is now gearing up to launch its flagship offerings, the Interceptor and the Continental GT 650 twins. Both the motorcycles will mark the entry of Royal Enfield in the premium 650cc segment that has players like Kawasaki, Harley-Davidson and Honda. Vimal is the third high profile hire by Royal Enfield for its operations after Sudhanshu Singh from Star Sports and Simon Warburton from Triumph UK.
We await an official confirmation from Royal Enfield regarding the same.
- NewsFAME 2: Electric 3- and 4-wheelers need to produce public transport permit to claim incentive benefits
- NewsJaguar Land Rover wins case against Jiangling Motors over Evoque copy
- NewsToyota Kirloskar Motor increases dependency on renewable sources of energy, results in 51,000 tons of Co2 reduction
- NewsPrices of Renault Kwid hatchback to be hiked by three per cent from April 1 2019
- NewsMaruti Suzuki's new six-speed transmission spotted
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip