Vision Mercedes-Maybach 6 Cabriolet all-electric luxury concept car unveiled
Electric vehicles (EVs) are just finally hitting their stride with Tesla leading the pack and other automobile manufacturers following suit. Last week, Mercedes-Maybach, the uber luxury arm of Mercedes-Benz, showed us their vision of the future of all-electric luxury cars with the Vision Mercedes-Maybach 6 Cabriolet concept. The German manufacturer's concept car was unveiled at the 2017 Monterey Car Week in California.
At 20 feet in length, the Vision 6 is an art deco style luxury car with a boat tail design. It is a follow-up to the Vision 6 Coupe unveiled last year. Clean lines, including the chrome strip that runs the length of the boat-sized car on either side, dominate the look. A large chrome grille and super-sleek headlamps make up the front, while a chrome strip runs along the edge of the front lip. Despite its yacht-like proportions, the Vision Mercedes-Maybach 6 Cabriolet concept is no slouch.
The company claims that the four individual electric motors - one behind each of the gargantuan 26-spoke alloy wheels - will produce a combined 760PS, enabling the car to achieve a 0-100kmph time of under 4 seconds, and reach an electronically limited maximum speed of 250kmph. Mercedes-Benz claims that the flat power pack positioned under the vehicle will give it a range of 320km between charges.
With DC fast charging, the company states that the Vision 6 Cabriolet will be able to achieve charge to last about 100km (60 miles) in 5 minutes. The 2-seater has a white finish interior with glowing blue strands of light surrounding the cabin. Twin-turbine style instrumentation pods lend a retro touch to the interior as well. Currently, Elon Musk's Tesla rakes in the numbers with its nearly 5-lakh strong order book for electric vehicles. If and when the Vision Mercedes-Maybach 6 Cabriolet makes it to the streets, it will definitely be the one to bring glamour to electric vehicles.
Here are some more pictures of the Vision Mercedes-Maybach 6 Cabriolet vision from Pebble Beach:
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Hyundai Santro India launch
- NewsRoyal Enfield Continental GT 650 and Interceptor 650 bookings open in India
- NewsUpcoming Tata Harrier SUV undergoes handling tests in new video
- News2019 Yamaha FZ FI spotted testing in India
- NewsLimited-run Mini Cooper S Oxford Edition launched in India at Rs 44.90 lakh
- Review2018 Jaguar F-Type P300 R-Dynamic road test review
- NewsFCA launches Jeep Connect outlets in India.
- NewsNASCAR Whelen Euro Series 2018: Advait Deodhar wins the Elite Club championship
- NewsNew-gen Honda Amaze crosses 50,000 sales mark in five months in India
- NewsF1 2018: Kimi Raikkonen takes victory at US GP