Volkswagen Ameo compact sedan to be unveiled on February 2, 2016
It's official. The upcoming compact sedan from Volkswagen will be called the Ameo. As we told you last month, the Ameo is not a chopped up version of the Vento, but a sedan based on the Polo instead. What that ideally means is that the Ameo will get the smaller rear doors from the hatchback and the face is expected to be similar to the Polo too, but we expect to see LED daytime running lights that are expected to make their way onto the 2016 Vento. The rear windshield will rake sharper than the Vento.
The Volkswagen will rival other compact sedans like the Maruti, the Honda, the Ford, the Tata and the Hyundai. Though late to the party, the promises to be a more premium offering.
The car is based on the PQ25 platform that underpins the Polo and the Vento. Under the hood, we expect the same engine options as the Polo - a 1.2-litre petrol and a 1.5-litre diesel. Expect a similar tune as the hatchback too.
The Ameo will be unveiled on February 2, 2016 on the eve of the 2016 Auto Expo. It will rival other compact sedans like the Maruti Suzuki Dzire, the Honda Amaze, the Ford Figo Aspire, the Tata Zest and the Hyundai Xcent. Though late to the party, the Ameo promises to be a more premium offering.
Starts Rs 5.62 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.82 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.49 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.81 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.46 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.45 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.22 Lakhs
Team OD | 14 Sep 2018
- OpinionOn OVERDRIVE turning twenty...
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show
- News2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched in India at Rs 40 lakh
- NewsNew-gen Honda CR-V to be launched in India on October 9
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class facelift India launch
- NewsImage gallery: Mercedes-AMG A35 revealed
- NewsMercedes-AMG A35 hot hatchback revealed ahead of Paris Motor Show