Volkswagen Ameo diesel launched with a price range of Rs 6.26-9.21 lakh
At the launch of its first sub 4-metre sedan, the Ameo, earlier this year, Volkswagen had promised to launch a diesel variant of the car closer to Diwali. Starting today, you can indeed book the Ameo diesel at a VW dealership near you. The Ameo diesel has been priced quite attractively like its petrol sibling, with prices starting at Rs 6.26 lakh (ex-Mumbai).
Detailed prices are as follows:
The Ameo diesel gets VW India's trusted 1.5l TDI oiler albeit in a more powerful state of tune compared to the Polo (90PS) or even the Polo GT TDI (105PS). The 4-cylinder mill now puts out 110PS of max power and 250Nm of max torque. While the torque is similar to the GT TDI, it is available is relatively wider rev-band of 1,500-3,000rpm. We expect it to improve overall driveability, but more on that later.
The Ameo diesel is being offered with two gearbox options - a 5-speed manual or a 7-speed DSG. The latter is the highlight of the Ameo diesel and is available in two trims levels - Comfortline and Highline. The DSG variant also comes with additional assistance systems like Hill Hold Control and ESP. While VW hasn't made any fuel-economy claims for the manual variant, the Ameo DSG claims a fuel economy of 21.73kmpl.
The Ameo diesel gets anti-lock brakes (ABS) and driver and co-driver airbags as a standard fitment across the range. It also touts some first-in-class features like rain sensing wipers, cruise control and anti-pinch power windows.
Starts Rs 5.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.42 Lakhs
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
Team OD | 12 Feb 2018
- NewsTriumph Bonneville Speedmaster to launch in India on February 27, 2018
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Mahindra KUV100 Adventure Edition image gallery
- NewsGeneva Motor Show: Tata 45X based sedan teased
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Hyundai Elite i20 facelift image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha Motoroid concept
- NewsImage gallery: Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade
- NewsWRC 2018: Hyundai's Thierry Neuville victorious at Rally Sweden
- NewsImage gallery: Honda Clarity fuel cell FCV
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha M-Slaz
- NewsImage gallery: TVS Creon concept