Volkswagen Ameo Pace edition launched at Rs 6.10 lakh in India
Volkswagen has launched a new variant of its Ameo compact sedan, named the Ameo Pace. Priced at Rs 6.10 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi), the car is based on the mid-spec Comfortline trim of the Ameo and comes with updates to its exterior and interior.
The most prominent addition is the new 1.0-litre three-cylinder petrol engine that debuted recently in the Polo. This motor puts out 76PS and 95Nm and is paired with a 5-speed manual. The 1.5-litre diesel engine is carried over unchanged.
Upgrades to the car include a carbon-fibre finished rear spoiler, black finished outside rear view mirrors (ORVMs), new alloy wheel design and cruise control.
Given that this is based on the mid-level Comfortline variant, the Pace edition misses out on chrome accents on the grille and bumper. While dual airbags and ABS are standard, this variant misses the reverse parking camera and rain sensing wipers. This edition also gets the standard infotainment system instead of the touchscreen infotainment with Android Auto/Apple CarPlay.
The Ameo competes in the popular sub-4 metre compact sedan category with cars like the Maruti Suzuki Dzire, Hyundai Xcent and the soon to be launched, second-gen Honda Amaze. This comes as VW launched a similar Pace edition for the Polo with the new engine, in hopes that this will make these cars more desirable in the face of newer competition.
Starts Rs 5.96 Lakhs
Starts Rs 6.1 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.73 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.89 Lakhs
- FeaturesAll you need to know: Gordon Murray Automotive's T.50, the world's lightest supercar
- News2020 Maruti Suzuki Ignis Zeta variant gets Smartplay Studio infotainment, priced at Rs 5.97 lakh
- News2020 Maruti Suzuki S-Cross BSVI petrol launched in India, prices start from Rs 8.39 lakh
- OpinionOn wildlife on highways
- NewsNext generation Mahindra Thar expected to be unveiled in India on August 15