Volkswagen Ameo to enter production in India on May 25, 2016
Sources close to Volkswagen confirm that the Ameo compact sedan will enter production on May 25, 2016. The first batch of the production cars will roll out from Volkswagen's plant at Chakan in Pune, Maharashtra.
The Volkswagen Ameo is a compact sedan based on the same PQ25 platform that underpins the Polo and Vento and uses the same engine options as the hatch viz. a 1.2-litre petrol and a 1.5-litre diesel, albeit in different states of tunes. The Ameo isn't a chopped Vento but a Polo with a boot. That essentially means that the wheelbase is identical to the hatchback and so are cabin space and the angle of the backrest for the rear seat. Expect the boot space to be in the range of 275-325 litres. Unlike the car showcased earlier though, we will see LED daytime running lights on the final production-spec Ameo.
For more information on the compact, take a look at our detailed preview of the Volkswagen Ameo.
Starts Rs 6.65 Lakhs
- NewsIndia-spec 2019 Nissan Kicks unveiled In Mumbai
- NewsMahindra and Ford to collaborate on shared powertrains, connected car tech
- NewsLive updates: Reveal of India-spec 2019 Nissan Kicks
- Review2019 Ducati Multistrada 1260 Enduro first ride review
- NewsConfirmed: KTM says 790 Duke launch in India not slated for November
- News2019 Hyundai Tucson facelift coming to India in May 2019
- NewsBREAKING: 2018 KTM 790 Duke to be launched in India post-Diwali 2018, pre-bookings already open
- News2019 Porsche Cayenne launched in India at Rs 1.19 crore
- Review2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo first drive review
- NewsSkoda Vision X SUV to be shown in production guise in March 2019