Volkswagen appoints Mr. Bishwajeet Samal as Head of Marketing in India
Volkswagen has appointed Mr Bishwajeet Samal as its new head of marketing for its India operations under Volkswagen Passenger Cars in India. Mr Samal joined Volkswagen India in 2008 and is currently responsible for Regional Marketing, International Communications at Volkswagen AG, Germany. He will take up his new position in June 2018 and will be reporting to Mr Steffen Knapp, director, Volkswagen Passenger Cars in India.
The German carmaker hasn't seen the kind of success it was hoping for in the Indian market, especially in the more competitive small-car and mid-size sedan markets. It lags behind its Japanese and Korean counterparts and will be hoping new appointments to its core team will help assert itself better in the Indian car market.
Speaking about his appointment, Mr Samal said he was extremely overwhelmed to have returned to India and to be working in this dynamic market. He was also looking forward towards further strengthening the brands' presence in India.
Mr Knapp said nurturing in-house talent and offering a diverse platform of enhanced learning was at the core of the Volkswagen brand philosophy. They were confident that Mr Samal's extensive experience in marketing would contribute to their growth in India.
- NewsHyundai exports 5000 cars in May
- NewsMercedes-Benz all set to launch the new GLS on June 17
- NewsRenault, Nissan and Mitsubishi cars to share more commonality than ever before
- NewsLego now gets its hands on the Lamborghini Sian FKP 37
- NewsIntents Mobi app is helping truckers map services along India's road network, while getting paid for it
- CONTEST: Finding Solace | Better Photography Weekly Challenge
- Winners of the Macros at Home Contest
- A ‘Bird’ was Used to Make Children Sit Still!