Volkswagen appoints Mr. Bishwajeet Samal as Head of Marketing in India
Volkswagen has appointed Mr Bishwajeet Samal as its new head of marketing for its India operations under Volkswagen Passenger Cars in India. Mr Samal joined Volkswagen India in 2008 and is currently responsible for Regional Marketing, International Communications at Volkswagen AG, Germany. He will take up his new position in June 2018 and will be reporting to Mr Steffen Knapp, director, Volkswagen Passenger Cars in India.
The German carmaker hasn't seen the kind of success it was hoping for in the Indian market, especially in the more competitive small-car and mid-size sedan markets. It lags behind its Japanese and Korean counterparts and will be hoping new appointments to its core team will help assert itself better in the Indian car market.
Speaking about his appointment, Mr Samal said he was extremely overwhelmed to have returned to India and to be working in this dynamic market. He was also looking forward towards further strengthening the brands' presence in India.
Mr Knapp said nurturing in-house talent and offering a diverse platform of enhanced learning was at the core of the Volkswagen brand philosophy. They were confident that Mr Samal's extensive experience in marketing would contribute to their growth in India.
Team OD | 11 Jan 2019
- News2019 BMW R 1250 GS and R 1250 GSA ADV to be launched in India on January 18,
- NewsMahindra Electric launches NEMO Life mobile app for EVs
- NewsBMW 7 Series facelift debuts in China, gets a 40 per cent larger grille!
- NewsJawa Motorcycles opens its first dealership in Nashik, Maharashtra
- News2019 Skoda Superb Corporate edition launched in India at Rs 23.99 lakh
- The Forum Art Gallery Residency
- The Hindu Photojournalism Awards
- Book Review: The Red Cat and Other Stories | Ritesh Uttamchandani