Volkswagen cans Taigun compact SUV project
Volkswagen unveiled the Taigun compact SUV concept at the 2012 Sao Paulo Motor Show. A production version based on the concept was soon expected. Volkswagen India too showcased the concept at the 2014 Auto Expo that was seen as a potential rival for the Renault Duster and the Ford EcoSport back then. However, Volkswagen has now decided to not go ahead with the project anymore.
As reported by German publication Focus, "The car, as we have shown so far, was too short," said a spokesman in Wolfsburg. The Volkswagen Taigun concept was based on the Up! platform and measured 3.86m in length and 1.43m in width. The model showcased had a 1.0-litre, three-cylinder turbocharged petrol engine that made 110PS / 175Nm.
Volkswagen, instead, is working on a new compact SUV based on the Polo. The new model will be previewed at the Geneva Motor Show 2016. The design language of the upcoming SUV might be similar to the T-Roc concept, as reported by us earlier.
Starts Rs 8.04 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.49 Lakhs
- NewsConfirmed: 2020 BMW G 310 R and G 310 GS BSV India launch on October 8
- NewsUpcoming Triumph Trident middleweight roadster is almost production ready
- News810PS all-electric Hyundai RM20e prototype showcases future N brand potential
- FeaturesSpecial feature: Tasting spicy delicacies of Maharashtra in Hyundai Verna
- NewsIndia-bound 2021 Mercedes-Benz E-Class LWB facelift revealed