Volkswagen cans Taigun compact SUV project
Volkswagen unveiled the Taigun compact SUV concept at the 2012 Sao Paulo Motor Show. A production version based on the concept was soon expected. Volkswagen India too showcased the concept at the 2014 Auto Expo that was seen as a potential rival for the Renault Duster and the Ford EcoSport back then. However, Volkswagen has now decided to not go ahead with the project anymore.
As reported by German publication Focus, "The car, as we have shown so far, was too short," said a spokesman in Wolfsburg. The Volkswagen Taigun concept was based on the Up! platform and measured 3.86m in length and 1.43m in width. The model showcased had a 1.0-litre, three-cylinder turbocharged petrol engine that made 110PS / 175Nm.
Volkswagen, instead, is working on a new compact SUV based on the Polo. The new model will be previewed at the Geneva Motor Show 2016. The design language of the upcoming SUV might be similar to the T-Roc concept, as reported by us earlier.
Starts Rs 7.67 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.29 Lakhs
- NewsAtacama Rally 2018: Hero MotoSports' Oriol Mena finishes Stage 2 in 10th place, Joaquim Rodrigues 15th
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: CS Santosh to lead charge for Hero Motosport Team Rally
- NewsIsuzu India announces cricketer Jonty Rhodes as new brand ambassador for D-Max V-Cross
- NewsHonda Navi crosses one lakh sales mark
- NewsMaruti Suzuki increases prices of all its models in India
- Review2018 Suzuki Burgman Street road test review
- NewsYamaha YZF-R15 Moto GP limited edition and new colour options for Yamaha FZS-Fi launched at Rs 1.3 lakh and Rs 87,042
- NewsNext-gen Hyundai Santro design sketch unveiled, to launch in October 2018
- NewsSportier Toyota Yaris TRD Sportivo shown at GIIAS 2018
- News2018 Bajaj Pulsar NS160 with rear disc brake priced at Rs 82,630