Volkswagen cans Taigun compact SUV project
Volkswagen unveiled the Taigun compact SUV concept at the 2012 Sao Paulo Motor Show. A production version based on the concept was soon expected. Volkswagen India too showcased the concept at the 2014 Auto Expo that was seen as a potential rival for the Renault Duster and the Ford EcoSport back then. However, Volkswagen has now decided to not go ahead with the project anymore.
As reported by German publication Focus, "The car, as we have shown so far, was too short," said a spokesman in Wolfsburg. The Volkswagen Taigun concept was based on the Up! platform and measured 3.86m in length and 1.43m in width. The model showcased had a 1.0-litre, three-cylinder turbocharged petrol engine that made 110PS / 175Nm.
Volkswagen, instead, is working on a new compact SUV based on the Polo. The new model will be previewed at the Geneva Motor Show 2016. The design language of the upcoming SUV might be similar to the T-Roc concept, as reported by us earlier.
Starts Rs 7.67 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.99 Lakhs
Team OD | 14 Feb 2019
- News2019 Honda CBR650R will be sold through Honda's 22 Wing World dealerships in India
- NewsHonda CBR650R bookings open in India, to be priced under Rs 8 lakh
- News2020 Range Rover Evoque spied in India
- News2019 Geneva Motor Show: 2020 Ssangyong Korando SUV revealed
- NewsMG Motor to launch eZS electric SUV in India by end-2019
- The Forum Art Gallery Residency
- The Hindu Photojournalism Awards
- Book Review: The Red Cat and Other Stories | Ritesh Uttamchandani