Volkswagen diesel emissions issue: VW India recalls 3877 Ventos
Volkswagen India has issued an official statement announcing a recall of 3877 Vento cars which include only the manual 1.5-litre diesel variants. The company says that "the emissions in the affected models sometimes exceed the threshold limits during the Conformity of Production (COP) tests done by ARAI". The sales and distribution of the 1.5-litre Vento diesel cars with manual transmission are on hold at the moment.
The official statement from Volkswagen India says, "Volkswagen India is analysing the issue and will propose technical measures to ARAI to solve this inconsistency at the earliest. Once approved and confirmed by the competent authorities, Volkswagen India will implement the measures and resume the production and sales of the relevant vehicle. The same technical measures will also be implemented in the impacted vehicles that are already with customers."
It further adds, "This problem impacts only the manual gearbox version of Vento with 1.5-litre diesel engine and is not connected to the global NOx emissions topic."
It is only the 1.5 Vento diesel cars with manual transmission that are affected while the ones with DSG automatic transmission and all diesel variants of Polo are said to comply with the emission norms.
Starts Rs 8.78 Lakhs
- NewsTravellers can now travel to Uttarakhand, Goa and Himachal Pradesh, have to follow guidelines
- NewsCEAT launches GoSafe S95 Face Masks, forays into personal protective equipment business
- News2020 Audi RS7 Sportback to be launched in India on July 16
- NewsHero MotoCorp gives 100 scooters to women police officers of Gorakhpur Police Department
- NewsRenault Kwid RXL 1.0L launched at Rs.4.16 lakh in India
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block