Volkswagen diesel emissions issue: VW India recalls 3877 Ventos
Volkswagen India has issued an official statement announcing a recall of 3877 Vento cars which include only the manual 1.5-litre diesel variants. The company says that "the emissions in the affected models sometimes exceed the threshold limits during the Conformity of Production (COP) tests done by ARAI". The sales and distribution of the 1.5-litre Vento diesel cars with manual transmission are on hold at the moment.
The official statement from Volkswagen India says, "Volkswagen India is analysing the issue and will propose technical measures to ARAI to solve this inconsistency at the earliest. Once approved and confirmed by the competent authorities, Volkswagen India will implement the measures and resume the production and sales of the relevant vehicle. The same technical measures will also be implemented in the impacted vehicles that are already with customers."
It further adds, "This problem impacts only the manual gearbox version of Vento with 1.5-litre diesel engine and is not connected to the global NOx emissions topic."
It is only the 1.5 Vento diesel cars with manual transmission that are affected while the ones with DSG automatic transmission and all diesel variants of Polo are said to comply with the emission norms.
Starts Rs 8.33 Lakhs
- News2019 Kawasaki Ninja 300 ABS launched in India at Rs 2.98 lakh
- NewsBMW G 310 R: Three things you'll like and two you won't
- NewsBMW G 310 GS: Three things you'll like and two you won't
- ReviewBMW G 310 GS first ride review
- ReviewBMW G 310 R first ride review
- NewsBMW G 310 R and G 310 GS official accessories from BMW Motorrad India
- News2018 Honda Navi gets two new colours, priced at Rs. 44,775
- NewsBMW G 310 R and G 310 GS service costs and warranty
- NewsImage gallery: BMW G 310 R launched in India at Rs 2.99 lakh
- NewsVolkswagen Motorsport partners with Wheels India to develop new forged alloy wheels for the Vento TC4-A touring car