Volkswagen I.D. R all-electric racecar breaks Pikes Peak Hill Climb record
Volkswagen Motorsport driver Romain Dumas is the new king of Pikes Peak! The French driver set a blistering 7m57.148s time to become the fastest driver ever, at the 2018 Pike Peak International Hill Climb. The Volkswagen I.D. R has also become the first racecar to clock a sub 8 second time. The car's average speed during the record run was 145.70kmph.
The previous record at 8m.13.878s was set in 2013 by Sebastian Loeb, in a special Peugeot race car. For those unaware, the Pikes Peak Hill Climb, is a 19.988km course, comprising of 156 turns that summits at 14,115ft above sea level.
The Volkswagen team looked dominant, right from the qualifying session onwards with Dumas setting a quick pace from the word go. His timing was 11-seconds quicker than his closest rival, Simone Faggioli, driving a Norma M20 SF PKP.
Dumas' Volkswagen I.D. R is powered by two electric motors that produce 680PS and 650Nm sent to all four wheels. These motors are powered by lithium-ion batteries that can be charged in 20 minutes only. The car can sprint from 0-100kmph in 2.25s.
- NewsBMW G 310 GS: Three things you'll like and two you won't
- ReviewBMW G 310 GS first ride review
- ReviewBMW G 310 R first ride review
- NewsBMW G 310 R and G 310 GS official accessories from BMW Motorrad India
- News2018 Honda Navi gets two new colours, priced at Rs. 44,775
- NewsBMW G 310 R and G 310 GS service costs and warranty
- NewsImage gallery: BMW G 310 R launched in India at Rs 2.99 lakh
- NewsVolkswagen Motorsport partners with Wheels India to develop new forged alloy wheels for the Vento TC4-A touring car
- NewsBig Boy Toyz inaugurates showroom in Mumbai
- NewsNew-generation Lexus ES 300h bookings open in India, priced at Rs 59.13 lakh