Volkswagen I.D. R all-electric racecar breaks Pikes Peak Hill Climb record
Volkswagen Motorsport driver Romain Dumas is the new king of Pikes Peak! The French driver set a blistering 7m57.148s time to become the fastest driver ever, at the 2018 Pike Peak International Hill Climb. The Volkswagen I.D. R has also become the first racecar to clock a sub 8 second time. The car's average speed during the record run was 145.70kmph.
The previous record at 8m.13.878s was set in 2013 by Sebastian Loeb, in a special Peugeot race car. For those unaware, the Pikes Peak Hill Climb, is a 19.988km course, comprising of 156 turns that summits at 14,115ft above sea level.
The Volkswagen team looked dominant, right from the qualifying session onwards with Dumas setting a quick pace from the word go. His timing was 11-seconds quicker than his closest rival, Simone Faggioli, driving a Norma M20 SF PKP.
Dumas' Volkswagen I.D. R is powered by two electric motors that produce 680PS and 650Nm sent to all four wheels. These motors are powered by lithium-ion batteries that can be charged in 20 minutes only. The car can sprint from 0-100kmph in 2.25s.
Team OD | 17 Nov 2018
- NewsProduction version of the Kia SP Concept spotted testing in new spy video
- NewsBajaj Pulsar Classic launched in India with two new colour options, priced at Rs 64,998
- News2019 TVS Apache RTR 180 launched in India at Rs 84,578
- NewsVolkswagen Group establishes a new management structure to implement India 2.0
- NewsLamborghini Urus to have its own SUV racing series!
- NewsMercedes-AMG G 63 SUV sold out in India for this year
- NewsHonda becomes only manufacturer to sell 25 million scooters in India
- NewsHyundai Grand i10 and Xcent get more equipment on higher trims
- NewsAston Martin's spy photos show the DBX in near-production guise
- Review2019 Volvo S60 first drive review