Volkswagen India appoints Thierry Lespiaucq as its new MD
Following Arvind Saxena's defection to rival General Motors, Volkswagen India has appointed Thierry Lespiaucq as its new managing director. Lespiaucq's appointment comes into effect from May 1, 2014. Mahesh Kodumudi who is the president and managing director of Volkswagen India will now be the group chief representative.
Lespiaucq who is currently the group director of Volkswagen Mexico has a total experience of 35 years in the automotive industry. He joined VW in 2004 and prior to that was the CEO of Renault-Nissan Suisse and also Toyota France. He has also worked with General Motors for 14 years.
Volkswagen recently launched the Jetta facelift in India and also showcased the Taigun crossover concept at the Auto Expo 2014. This year, the company will be launching the Polo facelift with new engines.
- NewsBosch develops an automated valet parking system with e. Go
- NewsSMEV signs an MoU with TAITRA to develop EV development infrastructure
- NewsToyota wants privacy concerns addressed before it adds Android Auto
- OpinionWe make modern cars, so why not tanks?
- NewsUpcoming Lexus ES facelift teased in video ahead of Beijing Auto Show launch
- NewsHonda unveils Small RS Concept in Indonesia, preview to next Brio
- NewsDucati to offer radar, cornering ABS but not missiles on its motorcycle range
- News2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga unveiled in Indonesia, India launch soon
- FeaturesImage Gallery: Shaken & Stirred April 2018
- NewsJeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk can make 1,000PS+, ask Hennessey Performance