Volkswagen India appoints Thierry Lespiaucq as its new MD
Following Arvind Saxena's defection to rival General Motors, Volkswagen India has appointed Thierry Lespiaucq as its new managing director. Lespiaucq's appointment comes into effect from May 1, 2014. Mahesh Kodumudi who is the president and managing director of Volkswagen India will now be the group chief representative.
Lespiaucq who is currently the group director of Volkswagen Mexico has a total experience of 35 years in the automotive industry. He joined VW in 2004 and prior to that was the CEO of Renault-Nissan Suisse and also Toyota France. He has also worked with General Motors for 14 years.
Volkswagen recently launched the Jetta facelift in India and also showcased the Taigun crossover concept at the Auto Expo 2014. This year, the company will be launching the Polo facelift with new engines.
- NewsUpcoming Tata Altroz turbo-petrol specs and prices leaked ahead of launch
- NewsFirst-ever Hyundai i20 N Line revealed, with same mechanicals but sportier looks
- Review2020 Skoda Rapid TSI automatic road test review
- News2020 Honda CB 350 launch in India: Top five highlights
- News2020 Honda CB 350 rivals in India: Royal Enfield Classic 350, Benelli imperiale 400, Jawa Perak, Bajaj Dominar 400 and RE Meteor 350