Volkswagen India appoints Thierry Lespiaucq as its new MD
Following Arvind Saxena's defection to rival General Motors, Volkswagen India has appointed Thierry Lespiaucq as its new managing director. Lespiaucq's appointment comes into effect from May 1, 2014. Mahesh Kodumudi who is the president and managing director of Volkswagen India will now be the group chief representative.
Lespiaucq who is currently the group director of Volkswagen Mexico has a total experience of 35 years in the automotive industry. He joined VW in 2004 and prior to that was the CEO of Renault-Nissan Suisse and also Toyota France. He has also worked with General Motors for 14 years.
Volkswagen recently launched the Jetta facelift in India and also showcased the Taigun crossover concept at the Auto Expo 2014. This year, the company will be launching the Polo facelift with new engines.
- NewsMaruti Suzuki S-Cross crosses one lakh sales figure
- NewsSpec Comparo: Hyundai Santro vs Tata Tiago vs Maruti Suzuki Celerio
- News2018 Hyundai Santro: Launch image gallery
- News2018 Hyundai Santro launched in India at Rs 3.90 lakh
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Hyundai Santro India launch
- NewsRoyal Enfield Continental GT 650 and Interceptor 650 bookings open in India
- NewsUpcoming Tata Harrier SUV undergoes handling tests in new video
- News2019 Yamaha FZ FI spotted testing in India
- NewsLimited-run Mini Cooper S Oxford Edition launched in India at Rs 44.90 lakh
- Review2018 Hero Destini 125 scooter quick ride review