Volkswagen India crosses 4-lakh-units-produced milestone
Volkswagen India has just crossed a crucial milestone - their Pune plant rolls out the 4,00,000th Volkswagen in India. The facility, which started production back in 2009 with the Polo, now manufactures the new Polo, Vento and also the Skoda Rapid. The milestone car was a right hand drive Polo Highline diesel.
The German carmaker recently opened sales for its new Polo which comes equipped with a 1.5-litre diesel motor that puts out 90PS of power and 230Nm of torque. It is equipped with a 5-speed manual gearbox. The Polo can also be ordered with a 1.2l petrol motor in both turbo and naturally aspirated versions, with the former available exclusively with a 7-speed DSG gearbox.
On the side-lines of this momentous milestone, Mahesh Kodumudi, president and managing director, Volkswagen India Private Limited said, "With over 400,000 cars produced at our state-of-the-art manufacturing facility for the domestic as well as export market, we have firmly established our operations. We will continue to focus on productivity and further localisation to cater to the demand from our markets."
Volkswagen Pune rolls outs its 4,000,00th car
|Mumbai,21st July '14: Only few days after the launch of the new Polo in India, Volkswagen Pune Plant reached yet another milestone. The state-of-the-art manufacturing facility has rolled out over four lakh cars in a span of just over five years. This achievement underlines the high demand of German engineering made in India by Volkswagen. Since the start of production at Volkswagen Pune Plant in March 2009, more than four lakh cars have been produced for the domestic as well as over 32 export markets across three continents. The cars currently being produced at the Pune Plant include Volkswagen Polo and Vento (in both, left and right hand drive version) and Skoda Rapid. The 400,000th car to come out of the manufacturing facility was a Polo Highline for the domestic market equipped with the brand new 1.5-litre TDI engine. On the successful production of over four lakh cars, Mr. Andreas Lauenroth, Executive Director Technical, commented, "The roll out of the 400,000th car is a testimony of Volkswagen running its India productions in a higher gear without compromising our highest quality standards. With this achievement under our belt, we plan to keep moving forward with a greater thrust to position ourselves as a committed car manufacturer in the Indian market." All the models produced at Volkswagen Pune Plant stand for German engineering with robust build quality contributed by unique production processes such as laser welding for roof, ultrasonic welding for trim as well as dash and hot stamped A and B-pillars. On the side-lines of this momentous milestone, Mr. Mahesh Kodumudi, President and Managing Director, Volkswagen India Private Limited said, "With over 400,000 cars produced at our stat-of-the-art manufacturing facility for the domestic as well as export market, we have firmly established our operations. We will continue to focus on productivity and further localisation to cater to the demand from our markets."|
Starts Rs 8.48 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.54 Lakhs
- NewsHarley-Davidson India rolls out new Street to Softail trade-in offer
- NewsKerala floods: Nissan India offers service support to affected customers
- NewsHero MotoCorp re-enters used two-wheeler business with Hero Sure in India
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift to get more safety features
- NewsTata Nexon compact SUV crosses the 50,000 production mark
- NewsAutomobili Pininfarina PF0 all-electric concept hypercar interior revealed
- NewsPorsche Panamera Turbo S E-Hybrid sets lap records at six racetracks including BIC
- NewsMercedes-Benz India and its dealers donate Rs 30 lakh to the CM's relief fund in Kerala
- NewsAtacama Rally 2018: Hero MotoSports' Oriol Mena finishes Stage 2 in 10th place, Joaquim Rodrigues 15th
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: CS Santosh to lead charge for Hero Motosport Team Rally