Volkswagen launches hot-hatch Polo GT TSI in India at Rs 7.99 lakh ex-Delhi
Volkswagen's latest version of the hot hatch is here in the form of the new Polo GT TSI. Priced at Rs 7.99 lakh, ex-Delhi, the GT TSI brings to the table a 1.2-litre 4-cylinder turbocharged direct injection 105PS/170Nm engine paired to a 7-speed DSG box. Volkswagen claims that the Polo TSI will achieve an ARAI fuel efficiency of 17.2kmpl. The company also claims that the TSI will do 0-100kmph in 9.7 seconds and will have a top speed of 190kmph. The Polo GT TSI takes the place of the 1.6 variant and comes with ESP, ABS, hill-hold function and twin airbags as part of the safety dragnet.
Visual details that set it apart from its lesser powered siblings include a GT badge on the grille and GT TSI stickers at the back and sides. Inside the cabin, you get seats in a black and grey contrast with red stitching. The steering wheel, gear selector lever and handbrake are all wrapped in leather.
For our first drive and video impressions of the Polo GT TSI, click here
Starts Rs 5.84 Lakhs
- NewsObituary: Gaurav Jani, solo motorcycling documentary filmmaker, is no more
- NewsAmerica's second-largest rental car company, Hertz, files for bankruptcy
- NewsCoronavirus impact: Kia launches the 'Kia Care' initiative
- News2020 Skoda Karoq SUV expected to be priced around Rs 27 lakh, on-road
- NewsVirtual 24 Hours of Le Mans to be held in June, participation from top teams confirmed
- CONTEST: Finding Solace | Better Photography Weekly Challenge
- Winners of the Macros at Home Contest
- A ‘Bird’ was Used to Make Children Sit Still!