Volkswagen launches hot-hatch Polo GT TSI in India at Rs 7.99 lakh ex-Delhi
Volkswagen's latest version of the hot hatch is here in the form of the new Polo GT TSI. Priced at Rs 7.99 lakh, ex-Delhi, the GT TSI brings to the table a 1.2-litre 4-cylinder turbocharged direct injection 105PS/170Nm engine paired to a 7-speed DSG box. Volkswagen claims that the Polo TSI will achieve an ARAI fuel efficiency of 17.2kmpl. The company also claims that the TSI will do 0-100kmph in 9.7 seconds and will have a top speed of 190kmph. The Polo GT TSI takes the place of the 1.6 variant and comes with ESP, ABS, hill-hold function and twin airbags as part of the safety dragnet.
Visual details that set it apart from its lesser powered siblings include a GT badge on the grille and GT TSI stickers at the back and sides. Inside the cabin, you get seats in a black and grey contrast with red stitching. The steering wheel, gear selector lever and handbrake are all wrapped in leather.
For our first drive and video impressions of the Polo GT TSI, click here
Starts Rs 5.84 Lakhs
- NewsCoronavirus impact: Kalyani group of companies contributes Rs 25 crore to fight pandemic
- NewsRacing games for smartphone that will keep you busy in quarantine
- NewsAutomotive podcasts to get you through the lockdown
- News2020 Hyundai Verna: Things you may like and dislike
- FeaturesCorona Crisis has Some Silver Linings Too
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055